1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install heatsink or use normally with 3 year warranty?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Zac2000, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Zac2000

Zac2000 Member

What would you do? I was going to open the xbox and follow cooling info on this site, like taking out the clamp and installing a special heatsink (and fan I think), and the laptop cooler on the bottom of the xbox tip. All the tips that have been offered for a red ring of fire free xbox 360.

Now that there's a 3 year warranty should I just use it normally? If I open it I take the chance of voiding the warranty. I don't think I'll be a 10 hour a day user, so do you think an xbox that gets played on lightly would break down within the 3 year warranty period? The last thing I want is to have it break down after 4 years because I never played a lot lol.

2. 2sweet4u

2sweet4u Regular member

I've had my xbox for about 5-6 years, and often left it running all day or night (used it as a media center)..

It's all stock aside from my softmod, and i've yet to encounter any problems whatsoever.. but I could just be extremely lucky.

3. Zac2000

Zac2000 Member

I'm talking about the xbox 360 not the original xbox :) Sorry if I posted to the wrong group I thought this was an an xbox 360 group too seeing as there are other 360 posts.

4. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

I would retain the warrenty. After the 3 years is up, I sold my premium for an elite, I am going to mod the hell out of mine.

5. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Dont do anything to it,I got mine repaired without a warranty sticker but you might not be so lucky

6. steimy

steimy Active member

well, if you do it right then they would never knoe until they opened it. But with a 3yr waranty there is really no reason to fool with it until your waranty is gone.

Personally i have a Talismoon green LED fan upgrade and have yet to have my system overheat or give me any problems at all.

7. Zac2000

Zac2000 Member

good idea I worry too much, when it turns 3 years old then I'll start thinking about putting in a heat sink, fan and whatever else.