1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

install program without need of registry

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by kateman, Jan 18, 2007.

1. kateman

kateman Regular member

hello. as you probs know, when you install a program the registry keys go to the registry and folders go where you want them to, ect.

what i was wondering is if its possible, for a registry key to be in the same folder as the program it belongs to. so then i could run a program off the one folder without any need for it to access the registry. is there a program or a way of installing the program so this can occur?

thanks

2. bkf

bkf Guest

I doubt it. Likley it adds more then one entry then you would have to figure out how to change the ponters that are part of the install besides finding all the entries the install made both in the registry but also the programs folders and .dll system areas. Then there are the commen files to worry about. (files that are used by many programs) Basically you want a stand alone program? There are some out there but it's done at the programming level. Stand alones don't install but run within them selfs so there are no registry entries.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2007
  3. kateman

kateman Regular member

hmm, this helps. thanks bkf!