1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installation Dll Problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by topster10, Feb 23, 2007.

1. topster10

topster10 Member

Ri installed 7.5.1.1 in my XP machine. Had to wipe everything out. Did a clean install after running all the suggested cleaner programs. On installation I received the following errors.
    C:\Program files\nero\nero7\neroshowtime\iHDPlayer.dll could not be found: error code O. The same message came out again except with iHDRuntime.dll at the end. Could not find any info on the net as to what these 2 errors could be. Any suggestions or help would be great. Thanks

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I don't seem to have that file (iHDPlayer.dll)on my system, but I don't load all of Nero, so it might be in one of those utilities. Possibly you are showing some typing errors, but the directory should be Nero ShowTime. Also, I have a file iHDPlayerLib.dll if that is the one you are referring to (and iHDRuntime.dll).

If some necessary files were really not installed, then I would have to assume you have a corrupt install. I would probably start over and use the clean tool to uninstall (6 and 7 if necessary), and maybe even the Driver and Registry cleaner.

After you uninstall, you might do a search for any Nero or Ahead folders and see if any are left over.

3. topster10

topster10 Member

iHDPlayerLib.dll is the file installation says I am missing along with the IHDruntime.dll. The installation folders are correct and are as you stated. For lack of these files I have to go thru another un install and install? No way around it? It seems that no matter what the problem, you have to go thru a complete remove and re install. Sometimes I almost think it is not worth the trouble. If I want to update to latest Burming rom, do I have to un install and insyall again? Sorry for all the ?. but I am new to all this burning stuff.

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I have only been able to get the ProductSetup to update correctly once in the last year, so I normally use the clean tool to uninstall and then reinstall.

It isn't that hard, just run the clean tool and then reinstall. I would suggest rebooting in between, and if you are having install problems, which it seems you are, do a manual search for any remaining folders in case something is left on your system that is keeping files from being installed correctly.

There is no reason for the files you mention to not install unless something is blocking them or your download is corrupted.

5. topster10

topster10 Member

OK, thanks for the info. I will give it another shot. I have run a registry cleaner also and removed any and all ref to Nero. Re ran it and it doesn't show any Nero keys etc at all in reg. I may try a installation without all the bells and whistles and see what happens. Thanks again