1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installation Error on Nero 7 Essentials

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by wonteach, Jun 19, 2007.

1. wonteach

wonteach Member

Every time I try to install Nero 7 Essentials, I get an error message saying, "The wizard was interrupted before Nero 7 Essentials could be completely installed."

I am installing it using the same DVD/RW drive it was bundled with, and with no other programs running. Th error message is, of course, worthless. Does anyone know what causes it, and how it can be fixed?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Are you using the CD that came with the drvie or did you download it from Nero?
    If using the cd try downloading the latest from Nero site - link.
    You can also try disconnecting from the internet and closing your firewall and antitvirus when trying to install.

3. wonteach

wonteach Member

I used the CD that came with the drive. But there is no place that I can find where I can download Nero 7 Essentials. All the downloads are for the full Nero, for which I would have to pay through the nose (and which I don't want anyway). Am I missing something? If there really is a link for Nero 7 Essentials, I'd like to know about it. But I doubt it, because Essentials seems to have code directly embedded into it that makes it work with just one specific drive.

Also, I did try installing it with everything, including my Antivirus, shut down.

4. binkie7

The serial # is the key - that's what unlocks what options you have in Nero. Hopefully the serial # is listed on the paper sleeve of the cd.

So even though Nero site lists it as the full version when you put in the serial # during install it will only give the options available for the suite of Essentials that you have.

Just like when there's an update for Nero 7 you can still download it from their site but only the options you have with the serial # are available.

5. wonteach

wonteach Member

I really do appreciate the attention you're giving to my problem, but I'm afraid I can't see any logic to what you're saying. For one thing, the link that you provide takes me to a page that has one link for "Download", another link for downloading plug-ins, and then places to click for no fewer than twenty-three other versions - none of which correspond to what my own CD says (simply "Nero 7 Essentials" with no further version information). There's nothing that says, "click here to replace [or fix] the version of Nero that you already have."

If I can download successfully from the main link that just says "Download," I'm going to get a trial version of the full Nero. I can't see why the installation process for that program would ask me for the serial number of my own Nero Essentials, since it has no reason to believe that I even HAVE a Nero Essentials installed - and I don't! It's going to install a trial version of the full Nero, just like it would for anyone else who never heard of Nero until an hour ago.

And even that's assuming that I can download that huge file successfully. I tried twice to do that last night, and both times the download process just froze and timed out in the middle. I'm using a DSL connection that has no problems that I (or Windows) can detect.

And even as I write this, the download process seems to have frozen after 47.2 mb our of 171 mb have been downloaded.

6. binkie7

Ok - when you install Nero just like a lot of packaged software it will get to a part where it's ask for you name, organization and serial #.

If you install from the download the serial # is pre-populated (trial's have a serial # too) delete it and type in the one from paper sleeve on the cd.
    The serial # determines if this is a trial or not and what options in Nero you have. By typing in the serial # that came on the cd you will not have the trial version though some options in Nero may be a trial depending on what suite of Essentials you have.

Yes the download button on Nero's website is what you want.

Nero's servers are known to be slow at times - you can try downloading it from afterdawn to - link

7. wonteach

wonteach Member

Since I wasn't able to download Nero, I actually went out and bought - for a hundred bucks - Nero 7 Ultra Edition Enhanced, and tried to install it on my computer. I disabled my antivirus and nothing else was running. I tried installing the product both with the serial number that came with the new version that I bought, and also with the old serial number from the Nero 7 Essentials that came bundled with the computer. I tried installing the full package ("Typical"), and tried a Custom version where I would only get Burning ROM (it's worth noting that the custom installation never mentions Nero Essentials as an option).

In every case, I get the same completely unhelpful message: The wizard was interrupted before the installation could be finished.

I do appreciate the time you've put in to helping me, but at this point I'm probably going to give up. I have spent the better part of two days trying to get this product to install, and I have other things to do with my life. If I'm going to spend any more time on this at all, that time will be spent warning other potential users to steer clear of Nero, both on this forum and anywhere else that I can find.

I am bitter about the money and time spent with no payoff at all, but that seems to be an intrinsic part of dealing with bloated software products that are produced by companies who put a maximum distance between themselves and the needs of their customers.

8. david66

david66 Regular member

i think your install problem is caused by your computer not the software
    i downloaded my version from nero and had not problem installing