1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installation Problem with Vista

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Pugsley65, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Pugsley65

Pugsley65 Guest

I just purchased Nero 7 Ultra and cannot install it in my new HP Media Center desktop. Initially, I get 2 messages telling me that it is not compatable with Vista. If I proceed with the process, it installs DirectX 9, copies files and then hangs toward the end of registering the product. Error messages are: "Windows Installer has stopped working", and "Custon Action.DLL crashed on last call function 'NeroAg_RegisterComEx" The installer must now exit.
    Crash Thread ID 5092
    Crash Thread ID 2064"

Help

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

3. Pugsley65

Pugsley65 Guest

I can't install it, so I don't know which version I have...but the box has a label that says "Vista Ready. Download Update Online". I can't install the update because the original installation wasn't completed.

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Run the clean tool , then go to the link provided and d/l ...all you need is the serial number.

5. Pugsley65

Pugsley65 Guest

It worked! Thank you so much for your quick feedback and great advice.

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

No problems, glad it's all OK now.

7. fastfox

fastfox Member

I`m have the same problems. How have you got over it please?

8. fastfox

fastfox Member

what if the clean tool doesn`t work? I`m attempting to run it but vista keeps saying there is a problem with the programme and wants to close it

9. deszi

deszi Member

During the cleaning process I received approximately 20 pop-ups indicating that there was an error and windows had to close the program (For each pop-up there was a corresponding message indicating that Microsoft was seeking a solution). I simply clicked "Close" each time and eventually the clean tool completed it's job. I rebooted the computer and Nero was wiped from my registry.