1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed Trend Micro Internet Security 2007, led to computer rebooting.

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by ravens1, Jan 7, 2007.

1. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

I got some products of Trend Micro (internet security, and anti-spyware), which led to my computer restarting as soon as i logged on.

Here's my story- Yeah, i got a couple products from Trend Micro. I installed anti-spyware first, which i liked a lot. Then i removed it and installed Internet security 2007. This software asked me to remove my AVG free and Zone alarm security sweet. So i did. But when i was told to restart my computer after the uninstall of AVG and Zone alarm, i didn't. So my computer all of a sudden displayed a blue screen for like a fraction of a second, then restarted. I logged on, then immediately it restarted. I pushed the F8 button upon boot and selected start windows with: "last known good configuration." i logged on without my computer restarting and got this: "windows has just recovered from a serious error." I wanted to send an error report, but my internet connection was not functioning. It just wasn't working. I must have tried every little thing to get my internet working. I removed Internet security 2007, and installed Anti-spyware. The second i installed it it said that my internet connection was dasmaged and it would fix it and reboot the machine. It fixed it and i got my internet back! I copied the error report into a notepad. If anyone would like to see it port back. But where it says "files involved in error," here they are:

Included items in error report:

C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini010607-02.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

Error Signature

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F79EE1B2 BCP3 : F622453C
    BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

So, i would like to know what happened, and should i go and post the report to microsoft or soemthing?

Thank a lot in advance.
    Also, i don't have any viruses on my computer because i scan about every day, if this matters.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  2. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

3. Justjen5

Justjen5 Member

I am having the exact same problem as you. Surprisingly enough, I got the blue screen with AVG, when part of it stopped working and made my computer think that the OS boot info was a virus....so uninstalled AVG and then installed trend micro internet security. Worked for a bit, now keep getting blue screen after a few minutes of it turned on or up to 30 minutes after.

My error code is:
    BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : B2FF03D7 BCP3 : B1808A20
    BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Jennifer\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa62a.dir00\Mini011907-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Jennifer\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa62a.dir00\sysdata.xml

Seems similar to yours, anyone have any help they could offer?

4. latino209

latino209 Regular member

If its the program casuing all this and you cant uninstall it or delete it go on "SAFE MODE" and do it from there. You can also use AVG in safe mode and scan your computer.

5. epilogue

epilogue Member

This happened to me to, but with AVG and Shaw Secure
    They don't work with each other, and it forced me to re-install windows

Use a backup disk and only install one

cheers.