1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installed xecuter 3 ce and now xbox wont boot with it off

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by kb779, Mar 15, 2005.

1. kb779

kb779 Member

i just installed an xecuter3 ce chip on my xbox 1.1, and right after the install my xbox could still boot up with the chip turned off, but now that i flashed the bios(x3 3029) and loaded the dashboard (avalaunch) and played around a bit ftping to the HD. if i boot my xbox up with the chip turned off the eject button light is red and a screen comes up and says "05 your xbox requires service, please call xbox customer support." if i boot it up with the chip on it works fine.

anyone have any ideas how to fix this? it happens whether there is a game disc in the drive or not.

2. kb779

kb779 Member

nevermind i figured it out, my hard drive was unlocked

3. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

how did you lock it witht hat red and green light? did it let you to the option screen? cuz i have the same problem and it won't let me there..

4. kb779

kb779 Member

i just booted my xbox up with the modchip on and from the X3 menu you can lock/unlock the hard drive.

5. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

oh i guess our problem is defferent cuz i can't get it pass the error 7 screen and i tried moving the chip around and now the problem change from the red/green light error 7 screen to 3 starts then shut down... just my luck. Someone once said 2 fans, is there 2fans in version 1.6, cuz i looked and i only see one.