1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installed xecuter 3 ce chip, tried to flash with x3 3294 bios, now need help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jbadam01, Jul 27, 2006.

1. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

hello, I installed the xecuter 3 ce chip, it worked fine, when you turn the xbox on it is the flashbios 3.01 screen, asking which method to flash bios with, I am trying the dvd method, I put a dummy.bin image on dvd, tried 100mb and 800 mb, and also x3_bios, which had to be renamed to bios.bin, I loaded the disk in the xbox when it says to, it says it finds bios, and it says it is flashing, first a green bar goes across screen, then a blue bar goes across, when done, the xbox shuts off, when you turn it back on, it tries to start up, but after a second it shuts back off, only way to get it back running is to press power and eject buttons at the same time to boot up by the 256k bank, any help would be appreciated on how to fix, what I am doing wrong, there is no dashboard installed yet, is that the problem, I really need help, my xbox is v1.3

thanks,
    jeff

2. theridges

theridges Guest

3. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

hey theridges, do you think something is wrong with the I got from xbins, I went to that website you gave, I can see the file for the bios, but there isn't any option to download it

4. theridges

theridges Guest

just put the 3 letters is ask for and click download then you will have to wait 45 seconds before the download begins....
    and scroll down on this page to check the bios switch settings so you can set it on 1mb bank
    http://teamxecuter.entryhost.com/x3ce.pdf its at the very bottom...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2006
  5. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

hey, theridges, got the bios image, it says it is 301 mb, is that what it is supposed to be
    please let me know, might go ahead and try anyway

6. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

the bios image is a iso, how do you change it to a bin, because what I have read so far it needs to be in bin image format

7. theridges

theridges Guest

no it dont burn that iso image with nero or alcohol 120....it will work trust me i have used it before...

8. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

hey, I tried using the x3 bios iso from the file you told me to get, I burnt it with the dummy file like I did the other bios, but this time it says no bios update found, halting, what do I do now

9. theridges

theridges Guest

you dont need that dummy files the iso image has one built in....

10. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

hey, I have nero 7, I think it is still burnung it as an iso, because it still says no bios update found, I think maybe because it may have actually got flashed, but for some reason just won't come back on

11. theridges

theridges Guest

are your bank switches 1on,2on,3off,4off????
    and just tap the power button....

12. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

ye, 1&2 are on, 3&3 are off, but when I turn power on it tries to come on the shuts back off, to get it to come on I have to boot to the 256k backup bios which takes you back to the flashbios screen, I might try taking the chip back off adapter then replace it on adapter to see if it resets it, because now on bank 1 it says read onlt while flashbios is booting, but the chip and switch flash protection are off

13. theridges

theridges Guest

that sucks i dont know what went wrong the bios you flashed had to be a bad one.... try to and flash the other 1mb bios with the image i gave you...
    5off,6on,7off,8off

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2006
  14. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

hello, well i fixed that problem ,apparently the adapter wasn't seated good on motherboard, so it would boot to x3 config screen, ok, now I have another problem, I downloaded avalaunch, I was told since I didn't have a dashboard that I couldnt ftp into my xbox yet, so I had to put avalaunch onto a dvd after making it an iso with Qwix, I also went into avalaunch.xml and changed default.xbe to avalaunch.xbe in both places I saw it. Once I put the dvd into the xbox it booted from dvd fine, got to avalaunch screen and menu, I removed some game saves and other game stuff that was in folder y, then I transferred avalaunch and it files to the y folder except for the releasenotes file, once i did that, I think I had the shaded box on d drive when I told it to transfer files to y drive, the folder was named d because it was in d drive, but I renamed it to avalaunch, well, once I took the dvd out and rebooted it now only goes back to original M$ dashboard, I tried to boot the dvd back up, but it says it can't read it because it is a backup dvd, please Help

15. theridges

theridges Guest

it sounds like the chip isnt seated good again because it shouldnt boot to the ms dash....make sure it a quick tap on the power button...and why dont you just download and Burn AID 3.0 and install the dashboard??
    and the dashboard should have went into the E Drive not Y...

16. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

hey, will aid 3.0 run from m$ dash, because it won't read anything burnt from there, I think I should have done something with xboxdash.xbe, renamed my avalaunch.xbe that, I think somehow the x3 config got deleted or it is bypassing it, at the begging of boot is shows the xecuter the box that roks or something, can x3 config play backed up games, if so I can just delete the avalaunch out of there, what dash is on aid 3.0

17. theridges

theridges Guest

you can install any dash using AID 3.0...and if your chip is on it should boot AID 3.0

18. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

my chip is on, but it won't boot aid 3.0, it does something but not much, when you turn the xbox on it goes the the settins, music, memory options that come on unmodded xbox, when you put the aid 3.0 disk in it goes to the microsoft xbox logo and just sits there, I burned the aid 3.0 disc 2 ways, maybe I am just not burning it correct or getting the right info on the ddisc to burn, the instructions said you had to put some rar files in a certain order behind the dummy file or something, have you used the aid 3.0 and can explain exactly how to burn it or get it ready to burn, I used dvd dycrypter to burn like the instructions said

19. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

ok ridges, here is a tough one, hope you know an answer, ok it won't boot an original game disc either, so I screwed up the booting part on it booting from dvd I guess, because even on the game disk it goes to the microsoft and xbox logo, when I was in avalaunch on disc that is, that I had on xbox I went into file manager to copy ava files over xbox, well I guess I got the sides mixed up on which was the dvd side and which was the xbox side, so is there any way to restore the settings or overwrite them, get it to boot from dvd I wish I would have backed it up , but I am a noob an do not know how

20. theridges

theridges Guest

well i believe you can go to your 256k back-up bios (the flash bios) and ftp from there it does assign the xbox an ip on screen...from there you can fix the problem....