1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installed xecuter 3 ce chip, tried to flash with x3 3294 bios, now need help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jbadam01, Jul 27, 2006.

1. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

thanks, can you tell me the correct way to ftp from there, because someone on here told me if you didn't have a dashboard you couldn't ftp, then once I do, what do I do then

2. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

update, I checked the flash bios flash by ftp, there is no ip address, there is a mac address but i don't think that is the same as there are a lot more numbers, I have even tried taking hard drive out of xbox and putting in computer but apparently the computer won't read it, I guess because it is locked I don't know, it said it was there when booting the computer up when it tells you the memory, and drives installed, but in windows it doesn't recognize it

3. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

hey again, another update, I used the hotswap method to take the avalaunch files that I put on xbox off, it is now back to original, it won't read burnt disc, but it still won't boot back up tto config live, maybe I need to somehow remove the x3 bios and reinstall starting over from scratch unless there is another way to get it back on there

4. theridges

theridges Guest

the only way to do that is by reflashing it using the 256k back-up,i think its a problem with your chip, not the bios....make sure everything is where its supposed to be...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2006
  5. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

ok ridges really need your expert advice, I tried reflashing, but it didn't work, now I used the hotswapping methed and was able to just about put all of the avalaunch files into drive c so it would boot up avalaunch, but I couldn't put the shoutcast and media folder, along with language folders, explorer 360 would only allow me to transfer files for some reason, now when I boot the xbox avalaunch does come up, I can't go to file manager or many of the options, and it still won't read discs, even when youi put an original game in some symbol comes up and just spins, what can I do, and what do I need to do from here

6. theridges

theridges Guest

try a different dashboard like unleashx....why do u want avalaunch so bad?

7. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

hey, which dashboard really doesn't matter, I just want to be able to play back up games and dvd movies, but I want it to be able to play original games to, which it can't right now, I will have to hotswap and manually put the files of whatever dashboard I use, but explorer360 won't let you transfer folders from pc, only files, is there a easier dash that I can use and still do the stuff I want to with

8. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

hey I guess I am able to do the ftp method if I can get it to work, tried several tutorials on it and dhaven't be able to get it to work, I have crossover cable

9. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

also it won't read burnt disc with program s on them or an original game
    , only flash disc when at flashbios screen

10. theridges

theridges Guest

the only thing the flashbios screen is supposed to be able to read is the bios cd....try to flash a 512k bank with the X2 5035 bios and see what happens...
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AD2RA65Q

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2006
  11. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

hey ridges, well, I haven't tried the 512 bank thing yet, but I did get avalaunch to where it will load up, there is no xbmc or any apps on it, i guess you have to add those,now my problem is it won't play any disc or read athem i guess, won't play an original game, haven't tried a backup game yet, I am not sure how to play a backup game once I burn it onto disc

12. theridges

theridges Guest

just put the game in and choose launch DVD,same with original games....

13. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

don't remember seeing that option where is it

14. theridges

theridges Guest

it should be right there on the avalaunch dash....

15. jbadam01

jbadam01 Member

thanks for help, I just go into file manager and into the file manager and to the xbe file on d drive