1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing a larger HDD with Evox already in it?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by suki24, Jun 15, 2004.

1. suki24

suki24 Member

does that mean I dont have to do all the steps about making a evox on a cdrw?

or can I skip those steps and just install the HDD

I have a HDD w/ everything already in it...

2. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

just stick it in the box and make sure that your bios is pointing at evoxdash.xbe (or whatever it's called on that hdd).
    just make sure your xbox is modded ;)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

or if you want all the apps etc too the quick way is put the hdd in, put in a auto installer disc to your dvd drive, format the hdd drive, and reinstall dashboards and apps from the auto installer disc

4. steve3161

steve3161 Member

i also have a 120gb hdd that comes with unleashx dash on it and 30 games on the hard drive, the seller on ebay said all i have to do is plug in the two wires and turn the power on and it will work fine....this sounds too easy, is this accurate?
    any responses would be very much appreciated

5. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

Both HD won't work! Unless you got the same exact motherboard with the hard drives. When the Xbox boots up, it checks if the motherboard's EEPROM and the hard drive's EEPROM are the same, if not, it won't work. They are ways to do it though, but without formating the drive, I'm not sure. Also, you shouldn't buy a HD with 30 games on it and such, won't work.

6. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

The hard drives will work (or may work, as long as their not broken or of a foreign format type). The key stored on the eeprom is for locking and unlocking the factory hd. Most after market hd's are lockable but come unlocked and lock disabled from the factory. True, a factory xbox hd will not work in another xbox UNLESS the hd has been unlocked and the lock disabled.
    But there is no reason why these shouldn't work.
    The only other stipulation would be if your bios points to the correct locations of your dashboards. It won't boot if it can't find a dash :)

7. steve3161

steve3161 Member

any suggestions for a good bios to use with unleashx dash?

8. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

I use x2 4981.xx
    Get xbtool to configure the bios to boot unleashx first (or whatever boot order you want).