1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing dvd2xbox0.5.8 on xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by backyboy, Jun 12, 2004.

1. backyboy

backyboy Member

I am running evox on a modded xbox (xenium chip) and am using px hd loader to back up games to hd. I would like to use dvd2xbox as well but cant figure out how to install it. Can anyone give me a goog guide on how to get started.
    Cheers

2. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

Download DVD2XBOX and just FTP it over to your "Apps" folder, if you're using evoX.

3. backyboy

backyboy Member

I ve done that. I ftp'd it across to my f drive into the folder named "applications". However when I boot my x-box there is no sign of it in my menu???????? Have I put it in the wrong drive????
    Also, there is no ACL folder in my version of dvd2xbox0.5.8. just lots of other folders and notepad files. Is there a different way to access dvd2x-box ie: via a different folder, or do I have the wrong version of dvd2xbox. I need some help please

4. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

If you want to find it, just use "BoXplorer" and find the folder named "DVD2XBOX" that you just transfered over, and run the "default.xbe" file, and it'll start up.

5. backyboy

backyboy Member

I have done the "boxplorer" and found the dvd2xbox folder,,,, but no default.xbe file. I have used dvd2xbox0.5.5. and set that up easy. Not managed to add it to my launch menu yet, but hey, i'm learning. However my version 0.5.8 has no default.xbe and no acl folder. I downloaded it from sourcefourge.net and am wondering if it is the wrong file I have downloaded. The file was about 12Mb. If it is the wrong file does anyone know a link to the right one. Cheers ALL

6. redjuice

redjuice Member

Maybe you downloaded the source file(s) instead of the application. You need to go to the "usual places".

7. backyboy

backyboy Member

Unfortunatly "the usual places" doesn't mean a lot to me. Any chance you could mail a link to these "places" to me at "jamie@backitupworld.com".

Cheers all

8. redjuice

redjuice Member

9. backyboy

backyboy Member

Guess what???? I did "google it", several times. And the link you gave me I have been to many times and still can't see any source of downloading the new version of dvd2xbox. Obviously; either Im not looking properly or you didn't look at the site that you "googled".

Cheers

10. redjuice

redjuice Member

Wow. Its right there on that page... perhaps you should read up and IRC or something. 1000's of people figure this out a day, I'm sure you can too.

Salutations.

11. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

there won't be a download link for anything your gonna find in irc (or ftp for that matter). It's not http.
    And you won't find a fraction of the stuff you find in irc through http.
    Thought that'd help if your thoroughly confused.