1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing evolution x major problems!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ace44, Jun 29, 2003.

1. ace44

ace44 Member

first question: does it matter what mode the matrix chip is on? I need to no what Im doing wrong on installing evolution x dashboard. I have all the needed files, evo.ini,default.xbe, bios, skins,d.6 bin,d.6 bin files is that all I need? or what site should I go that has the evolution x already in .iso mode.And do I need to but dummie files on the burned cd-rw? if so will any file do? What file is the best to make xiso? I've done it all and still my xbox v1.0 is'nt readying it. Help me out !!!!! I need a good up to date,extensive detailed tutorial to help me out. I need a good site that goes threw it all...

2. cbucholz

cbucholz Member

I would put the chip in mode 1 (both switches on). Did you try slayers auto install?

3. Dank

Dank Regular member

you need to do some reading bro.. that question has been asked a thousand times.. search the messages for questions in case they have already been asked..

4. ace44

ace44 Member

thanks bro. i'll look in to auto install...

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

mode 1 is to disable the chip - if you are trying to flash the chip from a disc, you want mode 4 (write mode). check seamonkeys site, he has a nice tutorial that takes you thru the whole modding process with the matrix chip and loading up evox

6. cbucholz

cbucholz Member

My Bad! I was thinking of the mode you need it in to flash it using the programmer.

7. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

actually the mode doesn't matter at all when you flash from the programmer, but it does come shipped in mode 1.

8. ace44

ace44 Member

hey I downloaded the slayer auto install and that didnt work either??? Im still getting the bad disk, dirty disk error when I try loading the evo dashboard I've be at tins for the longest and used countless programs to make iso's and yes I even used isomaker the closest thing to gdfimage. I could'nt get gdfimage because its hard to get I could only get the comand line... so what up what site has the a good version of evolution x!!! help me out

9. Puma_x

Puma_x Member

U didn't flash ur bios right or ur chip isn't aligned, what bios did u flash?

10. ace44

ace44 Member

evo.D.6 blue the latest one. Why do you think that it might not have worked? but I checked it. my xbox ejection button light still alternates red/green colors in mode 2 and my matrix light is flashing green in mode 1. How else am I supposed to no that my matrixs is workiing properly!!?? but wait I did have a bios that I flashed my matrix first it was the one I got from xodus-chips but it was for the camelion I think so I did it again when I found D.6 blue..... what should I do man!!!thanks!!

11. Puma_x

Puma_x Member

well for one the chip is supposed to be in mode 2, i think and dose the x come up blue and say matrix inside? u know when u start it up

12. ace44

ace44 Member

ok thanks puma I didnt see the matrix sign in the xbox box logo or the blue change in color. Im gonna check on the bios again.