1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing firmware

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by howee1, Nov 26, 2003.

1. howee1

howee1 Guest

I have been trying to install the new firmware "FSOF" for my lite-on 411s DVD writer,it comes as a exe in a zipfile,well I click the exe and it installs ok up to 99% and then locks up,have done it several times,even in safe mode,
    Is there something I am missing here, I have never installed firmware before,
    I have a good box,and use Roxio easy cd
    Any help would be appreciated

2. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

Have you unpacked the zip file and then run the exe?

I'm pretty sure there is a readme file in the zip, just read it or find the instructions from where you downloaded it.

3. Matador

Matador Regular member

Make another account on ur OS w/admin priv.Make sure there is nothing running in the background.Then update firmware.

4. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

I have a Pioneer A05 dvd-r burner. I have had it for about a year. I installed it, everything was working fine and now all of a sudden it's not in my comupter folder. I uninstalled and installed it. I have updated it. I have tried everything. Does anyone have any ideas?

5. stardust

stardust Regular member

Go to Control Panel's 'Tweak UI' and in 'My Computer' folder, select the drive what should be DVD-R and click OK..

To the original poster: unselect DMA option in your drive while updating firmware. Any help?

6. Matador

Matador Regular member

Make sure that ur IDE ribbon is not broken.That could be the problem.Second go into driver management and see if ur drive is in there..IF not then some thing could be wrong with ur IDE cable.

Try removing one IDE ribbon that works and replace that broken one.IF it load from the HDD then the IDE cable is not broken..

You might al so want to check in the BIOS to see if the drive is not disable for some reason...

I know this post is kind of sloppy but u know what I mean.