1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing modchip.....help??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Drago912, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Drago912

Drago912 Member

Hiyas,

I have installed the aladdin live chip.......my problem is I cant get the wires to stay attached to the designated spots on the MB......every time I try they fall off with a little tug......what am I doing wrong? Im gonna fry something the way its goin here....yikes!!

2. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Are you using a pin head install?

3. Drago912

Drago912 Member

Thanks for the reply........yes, I have soldered the pinset into the proper spot on the motherboard. I am in the process of attaching the wires to R3G5 and R3G3 as show here from another thread in this forum (nice pics btw)http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/85312 but I cant seem to get the wires to stay on solid for some reason......

Last edited: Jul 16, 2004
  4. Drago912

Drago912 Member

ok......got everything installed ....now I cant seem to activate my chip. Show the blue led on the modchip be lit up? I cant get it to lite at all.....hmmmm

5. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

So how did you get them to stick to the chip?

6. Drago912

Drago912 Member

They stuck to the chip alright........it was the MB they wouldnt stick too....it musta been the solder I was using. I went and bought some lead-free and worked great.

7. Drago912

Drago912 Member

Can anybody tell me where I'm going wrong here? I cant get my chip to activate.....no blue light at all....and when I try to flash the chip with the programmer it takes like 10 mins to go throught the process.......I dont think it should take that long to flash the chip. I beginning to think I get duped.......guess you got what you pay for......

Last edited: Jul 18, 2004
  8. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Where did you get it from? And how much?

9. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

Make sure you have a ground screw in place if there is one.

10. Tyrant1

Tyrant1 Guest

First things first, the Aladdin Live chips rocks. I've installed tons of them and they've all worked perfectly.

Second, the external programmer does seem to take forever. As long as the colored bars are SLOWLY progressing, the programming is working, so be patient.

As for your chip NOT turning on... If the blue light is coming on, I'm pretty sure your D0 connection is fine. Double check your BT wire though cuz if that's not connected properly, your chip won't turn on. Also, make sure you're holding down your power button for more than 0.5s otherwise the chip won't engage and the MS dash will load instead.

As for the ground screw, you don't need to worry about that if your xbox is version 1.4 or lower.

Let me know how it works out.

11. simplyme

simplyme Member

im planning to mod my xbox v.1.6. should i go with ICE or wait for X3? any good place to get them quick shipped modchip?

12. c0ld

c0ld Guest

well i doubt the x3 is going to make any significant difference to your xbox.