1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing Nero 7 premium edition to windows Visa

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by ashthew, Apr 16, 2007.

1. ashthew

ashthew Member

Hi

I have tried to install Nero 7 to my new PC however I was told that an update was required, I was sent to a link on the internet which I in turn downloaded however the install will get all the way to the end and error out because of a Shell Manager, it says that the shell manager is either missing or corrupt, any solutions with this?

thanks

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Did you do a partial install earlier with an earlier version of the software? If so you might need to run the clean tools.

Otherwise, make sure you have the latest update, or at least one of the last 2 and then install with the "Run as Administrator" option. Do not try to use the Product Update feature in Nero, but download the update and install from there.

3. ashthew

ashthew Member

Thanks for your response, it is the first version I have tried to install, how do i choose to be the administrator as I am the only user on the computer at present.

regards

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Right click on the installer and choose "Run As Administrator". You should not need any other compatibility options.

5. ashthew

ashthew Member

Thanks for this, I have now managed to install Nero

Thanks for your advice

regards