1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing the Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by mark3349, Oct 30, 2005.

1. mark3349

mark3349 Member

I just bought an ipod vid 30gb today and having trouble installing the software. I have an nano and I uninstalled itunes and quicktime and the ipod software. The problem is when I try to install my new ipod I think my computer still thinks I want to install the nano version. I dont get a screen where it tells me to put my ipod in my computer in order for windows to install my ipod like it did for my nano and to whether to check if it needs to be formatted or not.

The process it goes through is to enter the number from the ipod, name and email, language, directory to install, and then it installs the software and quicktime. After the installation, I can see that it installed the nano version.

2. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

the latest version of itunes will automaticly format the ipod and the ipod cd that came with the ipod is the older version so you need to update to the latest version of itunes anyway

3. mark3349

mark3349 Member

johnodd4

Thaks for the info. I did not know that. I just got it to work now.

thanks