1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Tiger Woods Problem

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by roonaldo8, Jun 21, 2006.

1. roonaldo8

roonaldo8 Guest

I Bought a BRAND NEW copy of Tiger Woods 2006 for PC today.

I tried installing it on my laptop and my PC but I get the same error

[​IMG]

Any ideas as to what is the problem. The drive works as I installed Pro Evolution Soccer 5 about 5 minutes before.

2. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

hmmm I have tiger 06 great game if you have the gfx and a good gamepad...oh sorry back to your problem lol.It's strange your installing in the d drive letter but that's ok.

so it didn't even get to 1% huh? Could be the media but I know it's not.That's a strange error that I don't know what to do with..That is the uk version of the game ..where do you live(not specific just name the country)I hope someone comes along that knows more than me.

3. roonaldo8

roonaldo8 Guest

United Kingdom

4. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

oh... ok so It's not a version difference.Well the only thing I can think of is damaged media.It may have no scratches but it's all about the burn.If it was burned slightly off then It won't work.Also sometimes the media it was burned on won't agree with your drive I had that happen with mohaa I bought it new and it wouldn't work for anything.

5. roonaldo8

roonaldo8 Guest

I have tried burning an image but it still wouldnt work so I will take it back to the shop tomorrow and get a refund/new copy

6. ed1234

ed1234 Member

I had the same error (except it hung up on some other help file). Returned it to the shop and replaced it, and now it won't even install. Autoruns fine, click the install button, and it just does nothing. I think I'll just take it back for a refund tomorrow.

Good effort EA.

7. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

@ed1234 Not EA's fault.It happens with pc games often.I would be angry too but I have tiger installed and working fine.

It looks like he got his game working too.

You need some new games? Just pm me with your email address and You will get a guide. I already helped many so do it and enjoy.Sorry your game isn't working.See ya.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  8. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

He has 2 partitions and one is probubley for all of his files and one for his windows system files....I do that so that if i have to reinstall XP I don't have to worry about losing anything.

Ok back on topic,sorry.

9. roonaldo8

roonaldo8 Guest

I went to the Game store and got an exchange for the same game and it now works!

must have been a problem with the disc

anyways its great!

10. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Great!I thought that might be the problem it happened to me with mohaa. I'm glad to hear its working and enjoy your game..

This is what I spoke of in my last post by the way.

@2cool4u yeah I know I have 2 partitions myself plus a virtual drive and 2 dvd drives so I know about drive letters.But when installing it's usually to the c drive.Some games don't work right after being installed to a different drive.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  11. ed1234

ed1234 Member

Yeah maybe Game in Canary Wharf just got a bad batch of cds. I know any PC game can be pressed to bad media, but two copies of the same game seems unlikely. It's the only cd that has that problem. In the event logs it shows up as a CD drive error, but this seems highly unlikely given no other CD has this problem on my system. Oh well :)

12. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

@ed1234 Ok in my third post I said what was up.Pm me and you won't have to worry about that anymore.I aint gonna spam you dude.I haven't had no complaints with my guide.I'm a senior member with 1000+ posts on afterdawn alone.If you want just make a new email at yahoo and give me that address so I can help you.This way you take no risk.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2006