1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing windows 7 on new PC build problem?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Msnooks, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Msnooks

Msnooks Newbie

Yeah will do. Do you think there would be a problem installing UEFI bootable win 7 stick and installing/formatting gpt to a hybrid seagate ssd/Hdd hard drive?

I have just ran the UEFI to my old hdd non ssd/hybrid and it's gone on perfectly fine :S confused as hell now what's changed exactly

2. Msnooks

Msnooks Newbie

It's gone on the non hybrid drive fine. Well it had some error restarting during completing setup/last few stages of finalising
    But it seems to be on now and brought me to the type in user name to setup windows account.

My disc is a win 7 upgrade disc no sp1

I just checked the UEFI booted win 7 on start up and it's exactly like
    My normal setup efi and ntfs under disk management. So I don't benefit from if at all :S how bizaar

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

then you have to download & install it from ms or net. make certain it is the 64bit version not 32bit. i have both versions on my 8gig stick when needed to install on customers' computers. 9 more posts & you'll be a junior member not a newbie.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  4. Msnooks

Msnooks Newbie

Lol I have been on this site for years but I haven't used it in quite some time and forgot my login :-/

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

could contact site admin & they will do what they can to unforget your login.

6. cyclops1

cyclops1 Member

I had similar issues. Had to decipher the mobo manual regarding what sata devices were connected where when using ahci setting. If os is installed with ide set you can't just change it afterward. Not all sata dvd drives seem to work with ahci. Strongly suggest reading the mobo manual for clarification