1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Windows XP on Windows 7 Home Edition via disk

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by RedTech, Nov 12, 2010.

1. sp8rt1cus

sp8rt1cus Member

Save all data from your Windows 7 to disk,before uninstalling.

2. RedTech

RedTech Member

One last question
    If your copy of windows XP is an upgrade edition, which is where you have to prove you own windows 98 or below how would that work when fresh installing windows xp. Would I have to install windows 98 or 95 and then install the windows xp upgrade edition? I also plan on installing windows 7 after I install xp, but as of right now I haven't done anything. Still using just one OS which is windows 7

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  3. sp8rt1cus

sp8rt1cus Member

If you have upgraded your XP version.It has already been verified through your activation key.There is no need to go back to previous window versions.Just make a note of your Windows key.

4. pcrepair

pcrepair Regular member

usually just have t0 put the win 98 or me disk in after you have started the xp install so it can see you have the disk no need to actually install it

5. RedTech

RedTech Member

If windows 7 came pre-installed on your computer, how would you re-install it not knowing the product key? Would you use the recovery disks you made or how would that work?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  6. pcrepair

pcrepair Regular member

7. sp8rt1cus

sp8rt1cus Member

Before uninstalling find your product key using Belarc.Which you can download from Belarc.com. This software will show everything on your Disks including the product key.Your product key should be with the documentatiion that came with your computer.Your recovery disks will only put it back to the original factory settings.