1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing winxp SP1 on a pirate cd key

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by laudern, May 18, 2004.

1. laudern

laudern Member

hello!

while moving house, things tend to go missing (or most likey thrown out by mistake), and one of the things that went missing this time was my cd case (and cd key) for my winxp pro...lucky the cd was in my cd holder type thing, but unlucky in the fact that i have now formatted, used a pirated cd key (cause im not going to buy another bloody copy of the thing) and now cant install the sp1..

My question to you all is, what is the way you can get around this protection of sp1....ive heard you can do it, but right now im at a loss......

2. m4dd0g

m4dd0g Member

Now you didnt hear this from me - but...

Look for or search for something called FRESXPHACK A mate of mine was in the same boat and apparently this little program will fix your priate key / activation / cant download or install service packs and updates problem.... havent used it so cant help you any further. Thats the name I think but my mate wasnt srue cos it was a while ago before he re-legitamised his copy... ;o)

3. laudern

laudern Member

i typed in that FRESXPHACK name and there was no search results found...but you did put me on the right track, so i typed in something similar to FRESXPHACK and found a couple of articles that had the programs to download and everything......so crisis is now over

thanks!