1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing X-bit V1.5 on V1.0 X box

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by dokiso, Dec 2, 2004.

1. dokiso

dokiso Member

i have installed a the X-bit Modchip V1.0 before and flashed it with bios, installed a dash and a larger hard drive, anyway i recently got the new version of the x-bit chip V1.5, and am installed it on a version 1.0 xbox. when i installed it whenever i turn on my xbox the green light on the chip comes on which i thought shows that the chip is active, i then flashed bios on it but when ever i boot my xbox, the MS dash comes on, been working on this for a week now, ay help will be appreciated

2. quai

quai Guest

Did you have any luck with this? I am having the exact same problem. Xbit 1.5, Xbox 1.0 .

any info would be appreciated

thanks

quai

3. dokiso

dokiso Member

no luck man, i just ordered an executer 3 chip, no one could help

4. quai

quai Guest

i just got mine to work this morning. You are right, when the start button is flashing red and green it means the chip is active , but no bios is loaded. I was flashing my bios but wasn't verifying it. When i started to verify it i realised that the flash wasn't working.

AnywaY.. I kept trying and eventually got it to flash ok. but then when i started up the xbox, it just loaded up as usual without seeing the bios.

In the end i started to play with the jumper switch. It seems that either the software or the jumper switch was faulty, cause even though i had formated and flashed the bios one was - i had to use different settings on the jumper switch. so i went one by one... and eventually it worked.

so something is screwy... but i am hapy now as it works.

5. dokiso

dokiso Member

so what settings did u use on the jumper switch

6. ever06

ever06 Member

Hey dorkiso and Quai can anyone of you please tell me how you got your x-bit 1.5 xbox 1.0 working I'm doing everything and troubleshooting and just learned something new from your last reply about the red & green light. I never would have known that would happen and yeah I did notice the software sucks.

I'm using 1.0 but i keep getting a error even when I click on the connect button so I used x-bit 1.5 and it acts different then 1.0 it doesn't even display a message saying it will format the entire flash or writting to flash but I didn't notice any errors. So am like man ok I turn on ym xobx and the MS dash comes on and says this is a disc your xbox doesn't recognize or turn on your dvd playback kit. I'm so tempting to say forget it and get a executer 3 chip.

So can anyone please tell me what did you do with the jumper switch and what falsh bios bank etc.. did you use because this thing is faulty man. Any help would be greatly appreaciated Thanks

7. quai

quai Guest

[bold]Dokiso[/bold] - i used OFF OFF OFF OFF. With bios loaded in bank 5.

[bold]Ever06[/bold] -

So you are now using a xbit 1.5? Well.. firstly... make sure you are using the correct software. You need to use the v1.5 software, not the v1.0.

Use the software to flash the bios. Do not load a bios.

Ok now with the chip. First make sure that the 4th jumper on the chip is set to off. This is the stealth mode switch.

Are you doing solderless install? I guess that you are so...

Now install the chip. The key to installing is the xD0 point on the chip. When you install it make sure that you use a torch(light) to get it right. The pogopin will drop down into the little hole, so you know it is ok.

The other thing you might need to do is file down the area where the corner piece is removed.

Now, if you have the chip installed properly then the xbox will load up a few times and not show anything on the screen. The eject button will flash red and green.

If this happens, then the chip is installed correctly. If not then you have not got it installed correctly.

If the xbox powers up and the light on the xbit chip comes on, but the MS software still loads up, then it is not installed correctly.

After you get it to do the green and red lights, then turn it off and switch jumper 4 to on. Then turn on the xbox. It should power up and run like there is no chip.

Now switch 4 back to off.

Now we need to load the BIOS.

I used bank 5 for the bios. So change the switches to reflect bank 5. OFF OFF ON OFF.

Make sure the xbox is turned off. Connect the usb cable to the unit. It should light up green on the chip.

Ok load up the software and connect and select bank 5. Format the bios. Now select the right size for the bios you are loading and then write it. After you write the bios then make sure that you verify it! do the write until it verifys ok. Then after disconnect.

Now fire up the xbox and hope that it works...

The problem can be that switches are stuffed. some of the xbits seem to have dodgy switches.

If it is still lighting up green and red lights then things are still ok... at least the chip is installed properly.

What you need to do is start trying different switch configurations. try OFF OFF OFF etc. If still no luck, write the bios in different positions and try different sswitch settings. You will get it.

I helped a friend with his and just stuck to loading the bios on bank 5 or 6. and then after loading i just used different switch settings until it worked. it took about 10mins of stuffing around.

let us know how is goes.

8. dokiso

dokiso Member

i will try it and will let u know how it goes, thanks 4 ur time in explaining

9. daLeo

daLeo Member

I am losing hope in this XBIT chip... its a piece of junk. Here is my situation.

I did get it installed right (red-green flashing light)

I tried flipping the 4th jumper to boot xbox directly... doesn't work.

I flashed and verified ALL 6 BIOSes. I have played with jumpers and I keep getting the same result: red-green flashing light . It doesn't recognize ANY BIOSes.

I am sooo fed up. I bought 2 of these chips and I've even tried the other one... same result. I am ready to pull my hair out.

Does anyone have anything else I can try?

10. mdsup

mdsup Guest

sounds like a soldering problem...triple check all your solder points...did the chip boot to the cromwall bios the first time you turned the xbox on after install?