1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing xfx geforce fx5200

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by 314466, Apr 16, 2007.

1. 314466

314466 Member

hello there
    have bought a new card for my sons pc,geforce fx5200.at present it is using nvidia geforce 4 mx 440.i need confirmation of steps to change them over.in add or remove programs there is no reference to existing card,so went to device manager,its there under display adapters,right click gives me the option to uninstall,do i do that,then remove the card,install new card,start up pc,run driver cd which came with new card.i know for people who have done this many times its childsplay but i do not want to do it wrong and end up with a blank screen.
    cheers dave

2. steimy

steimy Active member

as long as the on board graphics can be disabled then a new card should work fine. In some systems on board graphics are all you can get. But wait for someone who has done this, as i have only done it with systems i built with no on board graphics.

you may also want to list the type of computer (make and model) that this is going in.

3. gtjr_ph

gtjr_ph Regular member

goto add/remove programs and uninstall nvidia drivers , restart pc, install new driver for fx5200, i suggest version 93.71