1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

InstantCopy Error Help!?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mvyvoda, Aug 15, 2003.

1. mvyvoda

mvyvoda Member

i just installed my pioneer DVR106D and am using this page: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/141024.php#dvd9instantcopy as my instruction guide.

i am able to get the files on my harddrive using DVD decrypter, but when i go to use instantcopy i get this error: "List index out of bounds (0)"

what could be the problem here?

thanks!,
    mark

Last edited: Aug 15, 2003
  2. Raptorman

Raptorman Guest

Could you be a bit more specific? when exactly do you get that error?, When you first open instantcopy, when you're specifying settings, when? I might be able to help because I use instantcopy with that guide too.

3. mvyvoda

mvyvoda Member

after i rip the dvd with my dvd-rom and than open instantcopy. after i select "Hit Start to configure the output size and convert" that is when i get the error. i never get the "Customize Disc" screen.

however, when i ripped the dvd with the dvd-ram, it worked alright.

instantcopy just got doing doing it's think and than it asked me to insert a blank dvd-r. unfortunetly i hit the wrong button and it quit the application. i assume i don't have to go through the whole 6-hour process again.

it didn't write anything to the disc (because i didn't have it in). what do i do now to burn the dvd?

thanks,
    mark

4. Raptorman

Raptorman Guest

to burn it you need to find where the .pdi files were saved (im not sure what the default location is) then when you start instant copy double click hard drive as the source and find the pdi image file and then pick your burner as the destination.
    PS. you might want to try one of the other guides on that page if the instantcopy way is taking 6 hours, any of the others will take an hour max. they wont give quite the same quality but they also wont take 6 hours (im assuming you've got an older system if it's taking 6 hours)

5. XrichardX

XrichardX Member

Why don't you try another program to burn you rfiles. Try Nero, or even DVD Decrypter to burn the image to the DVD. Maybe you'll be able to get it to work with one of them.

6. tiggerly

tiggerly Guest

Pinnacle give four reasons for this error;

1. defective source disk (scratch,smudge etc)

2. need to update InstantCopy (patch widely available, different patch needed if you have Instant CD/DVD??)

3. You may need a firmware update for your burner.

4. Source disk is copy protected.

Make sure you've got the correct (updated) patch for InstantCopy, that the source disk is clean and that you're decrypting the disk exactly as DVD decrypter requires.

Once they're eliminated, perhaps its a firmware issue?