1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Integrating Intel X79 AHCI driver into Windows XP 64 bit problem...

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by killer1on, Mar 9, 2013.

1. killer1on

killer1on Member

Alright, this is kind of a specific problem but I've been through too much hassle and way too many coasters to get to this point. Long story short is:

I have an MSI X79MA-GD45 board with the Intel x79 chipset. I am running SATA in AHCI mode and I really want to dual boot Win7 with XP 64. Whenever I go to boot a Windows XP install disc however, I get the classic blue screen that corresponds with "I'm not seeing any hard drives on this controller". On the MSI support page for my board and in other places I have found the correct driver for integrating into the XP 64 disc, and I use nLite to do so. I integrate the driver using "text mode" and proceed to burn the image. Here's my problem: I have never successfully integrated this thing, because every time I do it "successfully" when I go to run the XP setup I get "The file iaStorS.sys could not be found" then I get dumped back to square one. I know it's not seeing the driver I just integrated, so why is that? What am I doing wrong? Please let me know if you need any more info from me, I would really like to solve this. Thanks you!

2. aldan

aldan Active member

xp 64 bit was very problematic for drivers.the big question here is why do you want to do this?

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what service pack is on that xp cd?

4. killer1on

killer1on Member

It has SP2 slipped. Here's the thing though, it's not XP 64's fault. In fact I had tried to do the same for regular old XP Pro SP3, to the same effect. For some reason I am led to believe that nLite doesn't do its job very well? Could it be a burn error? Why is the driver it assures me it integrated always the one "not found" when XP setup loads? Thanks again.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

6. killer1on

killer1on Member

Hmm yes I will try doing that. I had done it before (with my sata turned to IDE mode in the bios) but that broke my win7 install (I now know why...lol). I will do more probing and report here.