1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel P4 vs AMD

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by brobear, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brobear

brobear Guest

=====================================================================
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just one of those unfounded rumors of corporate intrigue.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to agree with brobear on this one...

=====================================================================

LOL Bout as good as the other unfounded speculation on AMD and Intel though, wouldn't you say? ;)

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

baltekmi

Can you smell manure? The alternative would have been for Intel to admit that AMD is responsible through increased market share.

I posted the link to the article, so that anyone and everyone could read it.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The peg's already on my nose!

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i got shoes on!!!

5. FIHSNERD

FIHSNERD Guest

6. baltekmi

baltekmi Regular member

7. baltekmi

baltekmi Regular member

sammorris
    i guess we will know right here shortly. June is just a round the corner!

8. baltekmi

baltekmi Regular member

Sophocles
    I will accept all apoliqies in the 1st quarter of 2007. Or... I may be standing alone on top of a hugh heap of intel Cr--! and all will be laughing at me. You read and find all the pro amd articles and I wil find and read the pro Intel articles. For every one against, there is one for... that goes both ways.

9. 64026402

64026402 Active member

baltekmi

You can have the apology now. I'm sorry you are stuck with a P4.

You already stand on a big pile of Intel cr**. And yes we are laughing at you:)

AMD at present flat out beats Intel. No amount of advertising and pretend will change that. Is it possible Intel can pull a miracle out of a hat next year. Unlikely but possible. But that is a lot of waitng for a big maybe.
    I hate waiting. I hate lines. Now is better for me. 2007 is a long time away. We could have flying cars by then. Or flying pigs.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

baltekmi

I don't go looking for any Pro AMD Articles they come to me. I didn't know that this was a contest between you and I. In fact you're the only one of the two us who've made it personal. I just post the info without directing it at anyone but you are addressing a lot of articles to me.

Here's the reality, AMD is currently giving Intel a serious beating without using anything other than the quality of their product to do it with. Intel on the other hand has been and is using strong armed tactics to try to keep AMD down. I become incensed by this type of behavior.

When AMD started beating out or matching the Northwood core with the Barton core, Intel responded by spreading rumors that they were going to release another chip that could hit 5 Ghz that would change all of that. Well they released the Prescott and it never got past 4 Ghz and it got swallowed by AMD's next release. Now Intel is announcing the Conroe core which has so many AMD ideas in it that if the actual designs were much closer, Intel could be accused of Patent infringement.

So get this! AMD is considerably better than Intel is at this time and not liking that truth isn't going to breathe anymore life into your P4. If you want to be an Intel fan boy then that's your business. In the mean time or in the future I'll just keep buying the one that's the fastest at the time when I need it.

The only person here who owes sn apology is you.

I certainly hope so but right now you're at the bottom of the CPU heap.

I'm neither against or for, just value minded. Now I would like to remind you that you're discussing a thing, an object, none of which was made by you. Trust me if your penis falls off tomorrow no one from Intel is going to volunteer to have it re-attached.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yes, baltekmi there's no need to make it personal, these are two vast companies, so why argue about them?

12. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

I wasn't going to read through 125 pages to see if this link has already been posted.
    But although written in November 2005, it highlights the general performance advantage seen on AMDs top CPUs compared to the Intel’s.
    I'm not an AMD fan boy, there's nothing I'd like more than for Intel to suddenly make a CPU that wiped the floor with all competitors, I want the best performance I can get, and at present that is coming from AMD.
    http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6389077-1.html

13. tocool4u2

tocool4u2 Guest

You don't you could of looked through every one except for the first page and this page...LOL

14. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

15. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

He could but why bother? No one would really care about a link being posted twice.

That aside,
    It suggests Intel know they have much to lose. AMD must be giggling somewhat.
    That article is a fantastic case point of how AMD processors are currently cleaning up with Intel.

16. tocool4u2

tocool4u2 Guest

I was being Sarcastic, You know funny...I said basically you rule out the first page and this page.....Ao that leaves 123 pages to search through it was a joke

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well neither me nor BigDK seemed to get it, so sorry about that!
    Any thoughts on the subject matter in hand? It's been a while since we've seen a post that's too cool for me!

18. tocool4u2

tocool4u2 Guest

LOL...Thats Ok now that i look back it, I guess i didn't express it that much!!>....LOL

19. baltekmi

baltekmi Regular member

Sophocles
    I am sorry that you feel this is personel. I by no means am taking it that way. I was just replying to other post and. I am sorry if you take it as such. I have to admit that AMD has the edge right now. All i am saying is that for every article about any one of the chips they are biased each way. Even current bench marks on popular sites (i.e. tom's harware, etc.) flavor it one color either way. There so many variable with motherboard combos, memory and bios settings that results could favor a chip being intel or amd would show a wider variance in the results. Even on the top chips AMD doesen't win all benches. Would I do a build with an amd chip? Certainly! But not until all the vapor ware becomes reallity. But apoligies if you think I have taking this personally. After all i think what I said Took a lot of ba--- and yes a lil crazy but it is meant to be more humor then attack.
    You already stand on a big pile of Intel cr**. And yes we are laughing at you:) Now I can take this as being a personel attack, but I know this response is not ment that way. Who in there right mind would say such a thing and belieave it. I know my rig can do anything 64026402 can do. Maybe a nano sec slower, But I really wouldn't know because 6402642 doesn't have his rig posted.

20. baltekmi

baltekmi Regular member

To add one more thing. If anything you guys really act childish at times. Thinking this is betweenyou and I. This is a forum to express views, different views. And of course you want benches and articles to support our views. But most of all being a long time internet user, to help others that want to learn what you know. But I find that some of the long time members can be very reluctant and condesending when newbies ask question or express views. Being advanced in age as myself thoses things bounce off me and I keep coming back and posting and reading. Maybe you should be more helpful.
    Or maybe I'll be told to start a thred for the helpful and needy.

Now this is more of a personel statment. looking at most of your rigs, I hate to disapoint you and to coin a phrase my daughter would say...You ain't got all that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.