1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel P4 vs AMD

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by brobear, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triock

Triock Guest

ok i sat down with my dad and here it is!!!

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?&scriteria=BA21979
    http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?&scriteria=3655608
    http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?&scriteria=BA21503
    get an extra fan for $2.50
    http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?&scriteria=MB-BA21445
    Pick the Crucial 1GB of Ram single stick of memory.
    Pick the MSI RX480 motherboard
    Pick assemble and test bundle.
    Comes with a free 128MG MP3 player.

Total with Ground shipping is $566

This was sent to my mom as well!!! So what do yall think???

LOL My dad said the video card is good???
    I dono the clock speed is good and it 128.. Thats all in my opinion..

It will do.. I can always upgrade the video card later on.. BTW: my dad is still harrasing yall... He wants to know if yall gave a degree or anything..

Thanks,
    Triock

2. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Get the 2x512 to get dual channel speed for memory.
    Get the Neo4 if you want the Nforce 4 chipset. Only $6 more.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  3. brobear

brobear Guest

Donald's right on the memory and chipset and you're not looking at anything much different cost wise. We could second guess things till well after Christmas. The setup looks decent and I think it's time you and your dad settled the order, not us. At least you got around to a "more up to date" processor and mobo. Don't forget the thermal compound...

Your father's opinions are his own and he's welcome to them. He's still welcome to drop by http://www.dvdhounds.com for that chat Sophocles offered to host. What degree was that you said your father had? I like knowing the qualifications a person has to call people he doesn't know and hasn't even communicated with fools.

I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone here when I wish you and "dad" a Merry Christmas. Ho Ho Ho

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2005
  4. Triock

Triock Guest

I just told dad and he said that only half is used, for instance, 1 gig with 2 512 stick's.. The 512 will work but only wor, and the second one will act as a secondary, and he said,''what neo4 chipset?? on what board?''

5. Triock

Triock Guest

he has a cachelors in science and info technology, and a microsoft sertification.. Well guys my dad has bloon a socket.. I cant go here anymore. he said this a site for hackers!!!

Whatever!! I aint going to argue.. I can still post at the library though... I'f i dont get of he is going to block the site... BYE; And thanks for being their for me.. See yall at dog hounds or whatever it was...

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Triock

6402 was right about the board and dual channel, you almost double your memory speed and widen your frontside bus out to an effect 2000 Mhz. Would your dad feel more comfortable if he new that I'm a certified teacher. I have two bachelors degrees, certification in science and math, and ESE. I'm currently employed in an advisory capacity as an ESE support facilitator to science and math teachers. I am many things but I'm not a hacker for illegal purposes. Remember a hacker is anyone who tweaks and alters hardware and software to make them work better. There's more to tell regarding my qualifications but this isn't a bragging session and if your dad wants you to get the most for your money he just might want to listen, hardware is a lot different than dealing with information systems.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  7. brobear

brobear Guest

Interesting... Sounds like "dad" would have benefited from some anger management courses. Too bad they have no emphasis on psychology in his field of study. There could have been self help. LOL We try to help out and get things smoothed out and we get called fools and troublemakers. About par for the course. Happy Holidays all.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

Sophocles,
    Either Triock is pulling ours and dear old dad's leg or he let the cat out of the bag. "Dad" is a communications/software tech type who doesn't understand RAM technology. Now we know why he said there's no difference in processors, they all plug into a motherboard. Right? Now I wonder who is going to put the goodies together and set it up.

9. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Triock is probably tweaking his dad. And thats an Nforce 4 chipset from Nvidia. They are the best chipset for speed right now if that is important. Intel or AMD.

Without 2 or 4 sticks of Ram you will run single channel memory. Half speed memory.

10. brobear

brobear Guest

Donald
    Either Triock is yanking our chains or dear old "dad's". LOL I don't think you're going to be able to teach computer tech 101 to those who don't grasp the concepts or wants to listen. For someone with "a cachelors in science and info technology, and a microsoft sertification", "dad" doesn't communicate well or understand the way a computer system actually functions; at least from what Triock has told us anyway. LOL I wonder if "dad" is really that dense.

11. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

The even weirder thing is he is listing a fan to go with the cpu. Why bother? Most cpus come with stock heatsinks and that would save 30.00..

I know I bought the same chip off of newegg and it came with a stock heatsink. Damn price must have come down. When I bought mine it was 285 in july..lol.:>

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Alright guys what have you done? Triock just joined Hounds! brobear or 6402 one of you guys get to ban him. I don't want the Triock my dad stories to deal with.

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Sammorris,
    I only suggested that system to Triock because it had all the esentials (SATA, PCI Express, hard drive some, decent Video and some memory). In other words it would run out of the box! The system is upgradable all the way to a Dual Core 4800+ on a 1000x2 FSB. If you have the goods, then you can add the goodies! I might even buy one as a stepping stone to the one I am going to build mid 06. You know, pump it up a little. Give it a little muscle! Then see what goodies I can learn!

Triock,

Good luck with whatever you get Dude!

theonejrs

14. brobear

brobear Guest

Sophocles
    LOL Not me. I remember you were the one to invite "dad" over for a chat. Guess Triock took it as a family invitation. LOL He's yours to deal with. LOL Besides, you told me to stop being a grinch. LOL

15. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

& i'm innocent!!!

16. brobear

brobear Guest

Glad to see someone is. LOL

17. nofx91l

nofx91l Member

AMD all the way home baby!

18. brobear

brobear Guest

Ra Ra Ra, sis cum ba, go... Yea.... Use those lines and we'll send you some pom poms.

19. Triock

Triock Guest

hey guys i did not know that u took me as annyoing???
    U could have told me... Thanks i guess, and i can just add a stick later if i have to..
    Sorry, i dont find myself annoying, i just figured that yall dont mind me asking yall questions and stuff...
    Do u want me to leave DVDhounds, cause i will.. I took it as an invitation, yes, but i thought you would be happy to answer any questions i had... ... ...

But whatever. Yall have kick as compuers and i dont. I can go from there...
    Have a nice life,
    Triock

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Triock

Sometimes you can be annoying because you aren't focused. You keep jumping around from one point to another and any advice that we've given you seems to be wasted on the wind. But that being said we were joking, we don't mind you being here or there but before you post a question think it out a little more. Also make sure that your DAD approves you being online, he is after all your father.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.