1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel P4 vs AMD

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by brobear, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rugripper

rugripper Guest

yeah man what a dream at $2000 for all that ram.that would be a pretty site though....hey dude,i know, you can sent it to me for christmas...lmao....what a rig that would be....crazy fast...peace

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

rugripper

They're going to get larger and come down in price in time. I suppose I shouldn't complain, I never hear my hard disk working already, but they are sweet.

3. Triock

Triock Guest

Sup, Well my stuff is in, I get it in 4 days!!!
    Yeah!!!

Any suggestions on optimizing it without ness overclocking it??

Thanx,
    Triock

4. rugripper

rugripper Guest

whats you got trilock?

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm! trilock, I like it better than Triock.

Triock let us know how everything goes.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

rugripper

Hey buddy where are those benchmarks?

7. rugripper

rugripper Guest

yeah right....lmao....i did a 4mb page file on hard drive much faster...thx again...peace...

btw working on that ram drive....lmao...put in the order to santa...lol

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

rugripper

I put in an order to Santa for one of those RAM drives myself. I think that I'll be waiting a while. LOL

If you're having problems posting your bench marks then send them to me and I'll do it for you.

9. rugripper

rugripper Guest

no soph....
    one of my rams craped out on me about a week ago so ocz replaced it,,,,one of the new modules was bad....you belive that...then they said it cant be they checked it....they are so full of christmas cheer....lol...come to find out,when they got it back and tested it,one was bad ,you believe that shit...lol... i was right so now they are sending a new one out to me ...have it hopefully by the weekend....dont worry you will see numbers...high numbers...2900mhz numbers....@1T...lol....peace

btw i didnt forget...lol...just stalling a little...lol

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

rugripper

It doesn't have to be with the wow and incredible results. Morph416 listed a barton core bench and although it's dated, it's still a damn nice system.

11. rugripper

rugripper Guest

i know but i did have it oc`ed to a 2970@166@338 1T@330x9...passed all memrest and prime....this baby flies...cant get nothing with one stick of single channel junk if you know what i mean.these ocz el plats rev 2 come stock 2225 1T@2.6 V PC3200 DDR400 they are just awesome.....right now i have i stick of that in and it fading fast.voltage at 2.9 and climbing just to keep it running...those arses sent me two bad kits of ram,dont get it but he told me im getting the tccd chips so im real happy about that....i think they sent me junk or this mobo is shorting them out ...dont know....how can i check the memory channels without putting the ram in them.cant right.one stick runs fine twos sticks work for a month and then died on me...im like wtf,got to burn and play if you know what i mean...lol...peace

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

rugripper

Well then let's fix this puppy and play ball. Let us know about your fixes as they progress. This is the stuff that Newbies' want to hear about. Let's give them a map.

13. rugripper

rugripper Guest

lmao@the puppies....come here your a puppy after a while you turn into the dogs that we all are now...lmao....yeah man,once i get it,i definitly am going to oc it back and then i`ll post....there alot of people want to see what this mobo can do.just wish i could get it over the 3000 mhz mark for a 3800+ san diego that would be awesome but 2900 aint shabby when a fx57,and opteron 154 venus both clock in at 2800mhz,and those cpu`s are almost 4 times more in price then mine.....peace

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Nice goal but in the end it's about performance. LOL

How much stuff can it do quickly given the current speed of its individual parts! Fortunately they can be measured!

Post Benchmarks!!!

15. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

I already uninstalled Sandra. The results were shaky at best. The last dual mode board I used posted around 3.2, to 3.4M on the memory bandwidth tests...this board in single mode shown only around 2.3M. Gonna have to find a more reliable way of testing this machine.

By the way, in testing hard drive scores, who here uses HD Tach?

16. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Morph416

Chagnging the tests won't speed things up, you'll need new hardware for that. Every comparison should be given some regard for the system's time.

17. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Actually, a single stick of ram, or removing one of the three I have to enable dual channel.

Sandra's test results compared to Speedfan, BIOS settings, and others were way off with this motherboard, therefore I deemed it unreliable. Sure, it read some things correctly, but not all.

Bandwidth. Note that my tests were under par compared to even slower systems. The VIA KT400 chipset runs @ 333mhz...same as mine. (Though using a 400fsb CPU, I can turn mine up to 400, you cannot do that on the KT400)

[​IMG]

SpeedFan results:

Note CPU and case temp, and compare to Sandra's results. Sandra shows a "PCI" temp higher than that of the CPU?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These tests are being done on a completely new system....fresh OS install. Nothing else is running while these tests are being done. Something just isn't ticking....and on top of that, it's showing that I have two CPU temp settings, when this board only has one.

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm! Yes I noticed that your AUX temp was also listed twice. What's intersting is that the CPU temps seemed to list extremes, from cold to hot.

19. brobear

brobear Guest

Which version of SiSoft Sandra is being used for the test? Don't know if it applies or not, but the Lite version doesn't support the newer 64 bit systems. I skimmed over the shots and didn't see the system processor listed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2005
  20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The Athlon Barton core (XP 3000+) is a 32 bit CPU and I'm using the lite version successfully because without a 64 bit operating system it's still effectively just a 32 bit system.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.