1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel vs. AMD

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by flip218, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Likewise I'm tired of just being insulted and discarded. I'll post no more here until there's something I'm allowed to write.

2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

BigDK. All you've done is attack sammorris over and over when he tried to calm you down! He's trying to peacefully debate with your opinions and you are treating him like sh1t. SHUT UP AND GET OVER YOURSELF YOU FAT-HEADED GIT!

What sammorris said in a different thread is irrelevant and you really show how mature you are by bringing it in here.

Just because he doesnt care for it doesn't mean he knows nothing about it.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Thanks for that estuansis, glad I have some support, but I'd recommend rewording that! I don't wish you to get a telling off for what you weren't involved in!

4. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I'll take a telling off. I'm not changing my wording for anyone.

He's ignoring what you've been trying to discuss and just repeating over and over that Intel rules the high end. We all know you understand that perfectly well.

Then he attacks your system when you comment on how you consider yourself in performance. He could peacefully debate but NO! He decides to start insulting your system and denouncing it. It's un-called for and completely inappropriate.

I'll have you guys know that I have the means to purchase and OC a system that would put Big DK's PC to absolute and utter shame. But I choose to remain humble even when my current one blows away almost all others on this site.

BigDK, I fought back the urge to call you names that would make your mother cry. Your obviously high end system doesn't give you rights to tell anyone else that theirs is inferior. Where do you come off telling sammorris that he's just trying to contradict you when you yourself aren't even following the original discussion.

Get over yourself and take a vacation from AD.

If anything that I say is grounds for banning or suspension then I'll take it with my head held high.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

keep this up [bold]kiddies[/bold] & this thread gets shut down AGAIN!!!! your choice!!

6. baltekmi

baltekmi Regular member

ddp
    Respectfully, you might as well shut it down. I know I may have went overboard(personl remarks against others)but I have tried to debate,help and inform as much as I could. This all started with myself trying to help a nebie out. and got side swiped and side tracked with post that had no validity or proof of statment. Again I apoligize for some of the personel attacks I may have initiated. I also do not hold against anyone the right to there own opinion... lord knows I have stated things not as fact, but was my opinion.

But if you are going to debate an issue (debate101) you must show
    proof or reasoning about you statment. IE:Estuansis stament or post as you will supporting sammorris has no validity and has no facts to support his view. Now taking this as his opinion, I guess the next step would be to ask Estuansis to provid facts of his statment to support his opinion. If that question could be asked of him and get a resonable responce would be a great start to debate this issue. My feeling from his post is that any question asked will get a pesonel attack avoiding any issues. If I am wrong, then this would be a great place to start a new era in this thred. By providing links, benchmarks along with our own actual benchs, can provide real facts of comparison for others to SEE. You know the old saying/ apicture is worth a thousand words.
    here is the original post that started this all
    No one asked what hardware he even had. Anyway My feeling is this. If no one wants to inform properly what good is the thread? Freindly banter and ribbing with no facts will always come in and thats what keeps all this fun. So I guess I have said my piece... Can we go on from here or is it too personel now??? i am willing to post my meager results for my p-4 sig and I have another budget build that I would like to compare to others. Who's in?
    ddp you have the ball.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  7. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

@Estuansis
    Wow you really impressed me with that convincing reply.
    It’s so nice to have an intelligent debate for a change!

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

baltekmi,

We both have overclocked Prescotts so lets discuss them! what I need to know is Socket, type of memory (PC3200 etc) and amount of memory? The reason I want to know is that you should be able to clock much higher with the right parts. My Socket 478 3.0/800 Prescott runs reliably at 3.94 so I'm a little miffed as to why yours doesn't run at at least 3.8 or so.

BTW! My new MB that Asus sent me runs like a dream. It'll even run at 4.0 but I'm not willing to up the voltage to 1.40. 3.81 is fine by me. I junked the Emprex 16x DVD-Rom and replaced it with an Asus 16x with the 2MB cache. It's ata-100 so it's about 33% faster. It does wonders for my rip times!

Get back to me on the specs and we'll put our heads together and see if we can't get you "up to speed" (pun intended)! LOL!!!

Happy Computering,
    theone

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Despite how brash it is, I support your attitude Estuansis, It may result in this thread being closed, but quite frankly, it's just serving as a misleading POS at the moment. I don't hold much against you Baltekmi, my only comment at you was really to correct you, and I like to think I've not been attacking anyone (depsite when BigDK likes to have one of his rants), so sorry if you felt I was talking that way to you.
    Russ, you know better than to discuss Prescotts, they're "old tech". As fas as I'm concerned, go ahead, close the thread, what good is it doing?

10. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

There are plenty of people that agree with me as well, but they have the maturity to discuss it in PMs to me rather than spouting childish waffle on the forum, probably because they have experienced your relentless rants before and see no need in starting you off again.

You've upset a lot of people on AD with your behaviour, now I appear to have upset you; well someone needed to tell you what a lot of us think of your posts, otherwise there was never going to be any end to it.

I'll now vacate AD for a week to give things time to cool off.
    I have done what needed doing, but I'd suggest you try to avoiding jumping on every post I make in the future so we'll have no more run-ins.

@Estuansis
    When you finally buy that all conquering system, let me know and I'll advise you how to set it up.

11. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

intel vs. AMD???

12. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Thanks for the drivel of input. unsubsribed Chris

13. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

@baltekmi, im in,

semp 3400+(754)

superpi 1m - 38.344 sec(AF4OB221)

3dmark 06 - 3203

not bad for core componant that cost £350

this it in full(cost a bit more)semp 3400+ @2.41ghz, akasa evo33 with silver paste, asrock k8nf4g, 2 x 512mb ddr420(2.5-3-3-7), 7600gt core 620mhz mem 830mhz, lg dvdrw/lg dvdrom, 2 x samsung spinpoint 250gb, 600w psu, 2 x 120mm asaka amber fans(in/out), cpu temp(idle - burn) 26c - 32c(fans full speed)31c - 38c(low fan speed),
    cpuzthats as high as i have had it but not at all stable.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  14. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Tranquash,
    It's the silly season. Nothing really new from Intel or AMD, so the natives get restless! LOL!!!

Happy Computering,
    theone

15. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

i guess after Thanksgiving is gonna get better lol

16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I don't know much about thanksgiving, I couldn't tell you when it occurs. is it like an american thing?

17. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

sammorris,
    Yeah, it's like to celebrate when we stole the land from the Indians! I mean $24 for Manhatten Island? Come on! LOL!!

BTW Sam, it's November 23!

Happy computering,
    theone

18. crowy

crowy Guest

edit/wrong thread!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2006
  19. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

thanksgiving also happens in canada on 2nd monday of october

20. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Thanks all for understanding my anger over the whole discussion. This is a discussion thread on not a "my PC is better" thread.

So sammorris and BigDK if someone makes a remark about your system just politely discuss it and don't make a big arguement over it. We don't need arguements any more than I need a 2.13GHz Celeron D.

Let's start this new...

So, theonejrs, you want to discuss the Pentium 4 prescott? Go right ahead and discuss until your fingers bleed from the friction.

Even if the Prescotts are old, they are by no means weak per se. They are great for overclocking and can more than easily hit 3.8GHz which puts them in good standing with most single core AMDs.

Some are a bit weak at stock settings but after 3.4GHz they're plenty fast enough. I don't see a need to denounce a perfectly good current gen CPU because it's just old.

Most games only really need a 3.0GHz Pentium 4 to play at high settings. Oblivion is the ONLY exception to this so far. Even FEAR will do just fine with a 2.8GHz.

As I remember the P4 is faster than the Athlon XP but that didn't stop people buying them.

Sometimes raw speed isn't important we forget that when we get all heated about the performance leader. If a P4 540 gets the job done well whats the point of springing $1000 for an X6800? I mean the speed is awesome but isn't PC building all about doing your best with what you can get on the cheapest budget possible? I think so. That's why I choose it as my hobby. It's fun to discuss mindless banter about what you've done with your "slow" processor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.