1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel vs. AMD

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by flip218, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol that's something I've still yet to do!

2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

3. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I wonder if it's accurate though... I kinda decimated theonejrs too. Ech, kinda weird. I didn't think I had that much of a lead. Might be the extra cache, buss speed, and the 200MHz lead. But I didn't think it'd be that much higher compared to theonejrs.

Does that look right to you all?

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

In my sandra test, an E6600 gets 130206 it/s and 70197 it/s. My 3Ghz E4300 gets 159841 it/s and 85921 it/s. Your results are double that of mine, which doesn't sound at all right, especially considering my E4300 outbenches the stock 6600 by 23%, which is only 2% different to the clock speed increase, suggesting the 2MB Allendale and 4MB Conroe should bench similarly at the same clocks. Not sure what happened, but those benches aren't right.

5. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Now I'm worried. Incompatibility issues methinks. But I had no problem with the program itself and all my stuff is up-to-date.

The CPU-Z is right though... hmm

I think I'm going to pull those pics for now.

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yeah, that has me stumped. I'd only expect those sort of figures from X6800s vapour cooled to 5Ghz and beyond. How's your superpi? Antiquated I know, but it's another relevant bench to give a more accurate measure.

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

yeah something's not right. what version of sandra is that? I'm using sandra pro bussiness and here's my bench's. also the latest vs of cpu-z is 1.40.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Estuansis,
    There is definately something wrong with how your sandra is working. The last version is flawed and won't even open on some computers or in my case, even install on this one!

The number you are getting are not possible with that CPU. Mort81's are more in line with what I expected for the E6600. The 4MB cache is the main difference.

I'll be happy to send you the last properly working Sandra 2007, san2007-1010 5BQR! It's the free version and is more in line with the Pro. PM me an e-mail address and I'll send it to you vis Send this File.

Best Regards,
    Russ

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Russ, I think you and me can both say we've had problems with Sandra in the past!

10. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Well I'm definitely having problems with Sandra itself then. Those benches are definitely NOT right.(wish they were)

PM'd

11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol if only!

12. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Getting a SuperPi 1million of 17.345 seconds.

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Estuansis,
    It's on it's way. I sent it as an RAR file so just open it and the whole thing is there. Goes much faster with Send This File if it's compressed. Un-install the old one(s) first. Maybe you have more than 1 version loaded. That could account for the staggering numbers.

Best Regards,
    Russ

14. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

that's about right for 3.2ghz. mines 14.437 at 1 M.

15. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Just got it, burnt it to disk.... thanks Russ.

I'll get back to you guys tomorrow. I'm absolutely tired beyond belief. Bed time. Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow :)

Night all.

16. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I had backed mine down to 3.25 because it crashed above that. Made a stupid mistake by putting in the wrong number for the fsb. I put in 374 instead of 364. Runs great. Here's how it looks now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT to update benches as it will not run under control at 3.4. I have to raise the voltage to the first 1.4. When I do that my cores go wild and get very hot, very fast! At 3.375 it seems to be perfect!

I'm very happy!

theone

17. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

making headway and looking good Russ. bump that vcore up to 1.4 and you could more than likely run at 3.4ghz. if my CNPS9500 will keep mine cool at 1.4250 your artic freezer shouldn't have any problem.

18. docTY

docTY Regular member

LOL @ estuansis's sandra arithmetic! LOL

i got no clue what version of sandra you using for your tests, but even @ 4.1ghz on my E6600 that i've achieved on water, it broke 40,000MIPS, but NOWHERE near 50k+ hehehe

*talk about tweaking the database* :)

i just found those screenshots very amusing, as sam mentioned, you would be LUCKY to hit 50,000+ MIPS on a 5ghz C2D on phase change, and i don't know anyone personally to have accomplished that feat....YET (BigDK will more than likely come closer than anyone i know when he gets his phase in stock and installed) :)

19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I just updated the benchmarks up above rather than post another set. 3.375GHz is the end of the line and solid as a rock! It will not boot at 3.40 or above. I've pushed the voltage as far as the last1.3. that has me idling right at 1.40. Anything higher than that drives both cores crazy and registers some alarming temps. I'm satisfied!

Happy Computering
    theone

20. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

breaking 40,000 MIPS is pretty darn impressive Doc. I'm curious to see how you get along with that new Q6600 you have on order and just how OC friendly it is.

I can hear ya already "I finally decided to get that phase change set up I was contemplating". hehe time will tell. :)

if you keep buying all these new toys Doc, you're gonna Force me to get one of those new TR ultra 120 extreme cpu HS's and push mine up to 3.8ghz just to stay in the ballpark :). then of course I would JUST HAVE to get 2gb of some faster memory. you sure are expensive. :)~:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.