1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel vs. AMD

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by flip218, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

All I can say is, "Wow."

Nice scores. But maybe a little lower than mine? I dunno. I've never run Sandra and checked. Maybe the same actually. Going on the fact that I'm about the same as a 4800+.

I never had a problem with intel actually. Just their budget processors. Way underpowered. It's sad.

2. dazila

dazila Regular member

who reckons that teh new intel core 2 extreme (pentium 4 sucesor as of the 27th july 2006) can beat an amd 3800+ x2

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  3. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Estuansis,
    I don't mean to be a smart ass, but how do you know you are about the same as a 4800+ without Sisoft Sandra benchmarks. Nothings better! You can download it for free but get the 2005 free version, not the 2007. It's much easier to read from a screen shot and the results are more meaningful! Because of my sandra benches I know that I am running just a tiny bit better than a 4800+. Not too bad for a $240 CPU!

Happy Computering,
    theone

4. baltekmi

baltekmi Regular member

deadrum33
    What do you mean by that, I think he man is right on. Do you have any facts that dispute his statment?

5. crowy

crowy Guest

@Estuansis,
    If you read what I posted properly,you could have saved yourself typing an uncalled for reply.
    What about some sandra benches?

@theonejrs,
    WELL DONE!!
    4ghz is looking good and it sounds so much better too:)
    Best of luck.
    One other thing,if you hit a pot hole and find 4GHZ just out of reach
    try removing two of your memory chips and just leave two of them in slots 1 and 3 your memory controller won't be working as hard and you'll be less likely to experience random re-boots.

Tommorrow is ordering day for the new memory and cooler so I'm looking forward to 3GHZ(says prayers fingers and toes crossed!!)

6. baltekmi

baltekmi Regular member

aabbccdd
    Do you really beliave what you are saying about AMD having 80% of the market share. Please prove me wrong with actual facts. AMD may be dropping there prices but so is intel. Amd-2's still has a problem with ddr 2 memory and you are talking about vaporware amd-3's. lol
    Intel has the conroe.. amd has....? Don't get me wrong, I favor Intel, but would use AMD if it were viable.
    I know you all are ranting about the lack of aviable conroe chips. Give it a couple of weeks. Even the lowly 6300 will beat out the fx-62. See the benches on any of the many reliable review places..ie:tom's hardware guide etc.

7. baltekmi

baltekmi Regular member

dizila
    Not to be rude or uppity, But what does all the mean? I mean your writing...uh..cannot be understood at time. If there is a code or abbriviation code please lets me know.
    By the way, the above post is quite understandable. But most of your post or like from mars. Maybe I am getting old and senile.

8. baltekmi

baltekmi Regular member

Estuansis
    I agree with the one. If you have no benches, how can you make a statement that you "think or feel" that your computer Must be running as good as his? Please post benches.

9. dazila

dazila Regular member

In our WorldBench 5 test suite, Intel's Core 2 Duo reference system outscored a matching system equipped with AMD's high-end Athlon 64 FX-62 chip by 17 percent. We also tested shipping PCs based on several chips in the Core 2 Duo family, including a water-cooled, overclocked ABS machine that posted a mark of 181 on our WorldBench 5 test--the highest WorldBench score we've ever seen. (See PC World's
    detailed test results and chart. For full reviews of five new Core 2 Duo-based systems, click the product names in the results chart.)

All of our Core 2 Duo configurations performed impressively, and the higher-end models in particular should allow power users to handle demanding multimedia work on their PCs more quickly and to perform multiple computing tasks at once more efficiently. Gaming, too, will receive an impressive boost from systems equipped with the new chips.

(by pc world)

all i was saying is that the new intel chip can outpace the high end amd chip, please dont say its not understandable because a mentally il person would understand this!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  10. crowy

crowy Guest

GUYS!!!
    MELLOW OUT.................!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2006
  11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Well folks,

Here's the new 3DMarks. Amazing what it does when you kick up the CPU 1.5MHz higher than you thought it could go.

[​IMG]

Gonna have to buy some games!

Happy Computering,
    theone

12. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

dazila: even an AMD fanboy would, because the X6800 is £780 and the X2 3800+ is £110. I could have change from 7 3800+s over one X6800.
    Baltekmi: I agree with you, 80%??? That'd just make me root for Intel instead! Except maybe I wouldn't... LOL Intel has the conroe, AMD has... reasonably priced processors? Despite seeing those benches I'm a little sceptical that a 6300 will outpace an FX-62 stock.
    Theone: Holy moly! I got 9000 tops with my X800 unit, and 18,000ish tops with my X1900XT! That's incredible!

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

He_Man,
    The problem with buying vista now is that by the time it's viable for everyone, it will be BluRay rev.12 and won't be backwards compatible. As far as you being ready or being right on the front of technology. The trick is you really are ahead of the tech but you just don't realize it! Because of your knowlege you should know that it's going to be best to wait on BluRay, especially with all the delays and problems they've had with it. Most of it centered around being able to play it's own BluRay discs. The copy protection scheme is so complex that any possible error and it don't work. Since this has been an ongoing major problem and the Movie Industry has invested a considerable sum towards BluRay, there's tremendous pressure for Sony. That's why we'll see so many revisions and patches. That's why with what you know, you should just continue to save your money until BluRay has all the bugs out, and then buy it at a much cheaper price! Just my thoughts!

Happy Computering,
    theone

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

However, HD-DVD is so full of DRM rubbish that even the TV HD-DVD players take a minute to boot up!

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

BTW the hd-dvd player as down to 499.00 Toshiba

16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

ONLY $499? Lol You still won't catch me buying one!

17. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Still have'nt heard anything on a good HD-TV CARD.HELLO,heeelllloooooo anybody.Got my FIOS Coming tomorrow.In need of a good capture card,right now I'm useing A out dated ATI All In Wonder 9000Pro

18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Well the quest for 4.0 is over and I lost! Made it through the post, all the way to about 10 seconds past the welcome screen. Tink! And then it shut down. At this point I'm not willing to raise the voltage beyond 1.375V. not until I get this MB replaced by Asus and I can depend on the temp sensors in case of a problem. This wasn't a heat shutdown, it was data error. It also booted right up, something it wouldn't have done if the shut-down was thermal. Usually when that happens I have toi shut down the power supply in order for it to re-boot. I'll find a way. Just give me time!

Happy Computering,
    theone

20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Keep at it, theone, you just know 4.0 is possible! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.