1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel vs. AMD

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by flip218, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crowy

crowy Guest

@theonejrs,
    I hate that "tink".LOL!!!!

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Don't we all. I also remember when I had a thermal shut down it needed the PSU resetting. With data error it isn't the mobo telling the PSU there's an emergency, shut down immediately, it's just giving the shut down signal, because there's "nothing more to do" I suppose.

3. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Well, I went back and locked the memory at 320. This brings it to 405MHz at 4.0. This time it again shut down, only sooner, during the Windows XP sign. I figured I'de try the memory speed because it's running at 482MHz, but memory is not the problem. I will probably be able to make it work by raising the CPU voltage but I'm going to wait for a replacement MB before I try it. I want to be certain the the temp sensors on the MB work first. I sure don't want to be comunicating by smoke signals!

Happy Computering,
    theone

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol fair enough, what voltage are you at now versus what it started at?

5. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Sam,

I think it started at 1.275 and I've upped it to 1.375. I've been led to believe that 1.4 or so is the safe voltage limit for ny CPU so once I get a new MB I'll try it. If it doesn't work then, It will stay a 3.90! I'm not at all unhappy especially to have come this far when I planned far less!

Happy Computering,
    theone

6. crowy

crowy Guest

@theone,
    Try taking out 2 memory chips as I mentioned earlier.Leave 1 chip in slot one and and 1 chip in slot 3. Lower your timings and cpu/memory divider settings gradually until you get into windows,don't touch the voltages.The worst that can happen is more restarts.Worth a try??

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2006
  7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Absolutely, and yeah I'd agree 1.4V is probably about the limit, no use destroying all your hard work!

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

crowy,
    I only have 2x512 XMS in it right now and I did lower the timings. Intels don't have a cpu/memory devider that I'm aware of. I did raise the voltage 1 notch to 1.385. I put it back to 1.375 since it runs ok at 3.90 with that voltage. I'll try again when I have a new MB. The temps right now at idle are 25CPU/35MB. I am begining to think that it is the controller for the sensors, rather than the sensors themselves that's bad. I made a recording of the temps in AsusProbe and the MB temp only would read 34,35 & 36C no matter what the CPU temp is, and it's reading to low as well. makes sense as it's hardware!

Like I said, I'll wait for a new MB!

Happy Computering,
    theone

9. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

10. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

damn!!! 35 secs to shut down and boot up and do a search! what are the specs for that comp?

11. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

tell me about it.

12. FIHSNERD

FIHSNERD Guest

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That's gotta be a fix, because there are screens that don't even appear and should. No I-RAM would speed up the BIOS either, I'm VERY sceptical of that video. FIHSNERD, the PSU is pretty good, but I can't really speak because I've just vowed not to buy cheap PSUs after what happened to me.

14. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

What actually is Gigabyte I RAM?

15. FIHSNERD

FIHSNERD Guest

It is a herd drive made of RAM.. u have 4 slots on a pci slot i think and u put in ram and that ends up being your hard drive space..

and is that a cheap ps or just a good price? and what is the difference between this and the ermax and hyper?

BTW: can you get a picture of the hyper for me inside the compy?
    :)

Thanx

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2006
  16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I can, but I just have the black version so it doesn't look fantastic. The difference between that PSU and the others is you don't have endless lists of people who know that the PSU works and will stay running for a period of time without busting up your components should you overload it.
    Fihsnerd's pretty much got it in one for the I RAM drive by the way He_Man, but by forum rules your signiature's still too big, you'll need to lose/resize the picture, or cut down on the text I'm afraid!

17. FIHSNERD

FIHSNERD Guest

O.K guys.. kinds stupid.. but i have honestly grown out of the FIHSNERD thing... i am going to try and get triock back or somthing like that....
    i will post everything i have on FIHSNERD over to the Triock account.. i just really dont like the name.. i dont care about the status.. that means nothing.. DDP if it is possible can you correct the day i joined? i will send you a PM... thanx all.

18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Post everything over? How d'yu mean?

19. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

sammorris, i am in forum rules.pic is under 50k and in pixel ranges. text has 6 lines(wouldnt count friend as a line) but the 6th line is a link(so i didnt count it)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  20. Triock15

Triock15 Member

OK here i am.... i am just saying that i dont like the name i think it makes me look bad.. i Just dont like the name so i am discontinuing it....

but here is me new name and i apologize for the inconvienience.. But is it that you just dont know the brand.. or just dont know if it is reliable.. but besides all that.. how are the actuall specs? will it do me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.