1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel vs. AMD

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by flip218, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

sammorris,

Very Nice case Sam. I guess I'll have to rev up the web-cam and send a picture. It won't be near as good as yours because the case is black and the web-cam stinks (it's a veo 333)!

Doing a lot better today, thanks!

Happy Computering,
    theone

2. dazila

dazila Regular member

Amd does not have 70% of the market,if you pay the amount the intel duo 2 extreme or desktop procesor which many of you say is alot i agree on that 100% but oyu will get the performance you pay for i dont think intel would con you because intel processors have been number one selling processors for more than amd has, dont oyu think anybody would have complained about it its been the only time i recall knowing sorry if im wrong is around start-mid 2001 when intel was having trouble wiht the new p4 cause it was slower then the quickest p3 and amd xp was at the top of the market until intel released the northwood core

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Hey, you're better than me, I don't have a webcam! Never saw need for one, enough junk on my desk with headphones, separate microphone, speakers, headphone actuator, USB modem, telephone and External hard disk, plus the usual keyboard and mouse and whatever other crap graces my desk, papers, CDs etc.

After converting your post to english dazila, Intel do have a bit of an odd reputation since they're still number one for being the household name, and being Dell's only partner (up to recently). However, the Conroe finally allows them to catch up with AMD! Funny that, when was the last time they were close in terms of performance? The Pentium 3. Oh yeah! The conroe is a P3, albeit with a few more bells and whistles, and there's two of them. Take what made the slow heap of junk the P4 was into a respectable CPU, and apply it to a CPU that was better to start with. Winning combination!

E6300s at £150 are around 4400+ performance level, and E6400s are about 4800+ performance level, from what I've seen from benches. They overclock (stably) by about 35% each. This places them exactly within the range of AMD chips. Between AMD's 4200 and 4600 is around the E6300 price, and between the 4600 and 5000 lies the E6400 price. X2s overclock by similar numbers, so imho, Conroe, while much better than anything Netburst, is in effect, just a small beating of AMD, and only with the expensive higher end gear.

4. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

you guys why use a webcam while digital cameras are well better.

sammorris what is wrong with dazila's post? it is in english

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It was just a subtlety about how it's one lump of text with almost no punctuations and a few shortenings. For people who try and read posts quickly, that makes them almost impossible to read.

6. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

oh yeah now i come to think of it.

7. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

That's all what I've been saying. intel only has a small lead right now and by early 2007 AMD will have had enough time to make a comeback. Just wait and see. If they don't by six months from now I'm definitely getting a Conroe.

@ crowy,

Yep, that did it. But now I only have 1GB of RAM :*(

*sigh* Oh well.

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Conroe E6700 now in stock @£400 OEM at several UK retailers.

9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

He_Man,
    Except if you don't have one. I don't even own a camera anymore. Gave all that stuff to the kids. I figure that if when die the government will tax the hell out of them so If I give it to them now, no problem. The webcam doesn't seem to work anymore, anyway!

Happy Computering,
    theone

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Heh, inheritance tax and all that! DVCs are too much money just to use for that.

11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

crowy & sammorris,

Asus is going to replace my MB. The lady I spoke to says that there is some problem with the hardware because it's reading so low. The fact that Sandra doesen't see temps or fan speeds says that something is wrong in the MB. I'm going to use the Prescott for a few days.

Fortunately my case has a removable tray for the MB so it won't be that much of a pain!

Happy Computering,
    theone

12. dazila

dazila Regular member

I will use punctuation from now.

Okay i dont want to start arguing over 2 companies but in my oppinion intel is better ( for me .They also release faster cpu's quicker then amd do, yes one of the reasons im with intel is because it has a much better reputation then amd dont know exactly why, but this is my main reason,when amd gets a new cpu intel will be there in 1 month at the most.

Ok now my q's does anybody know where and when i could buy the new intel core 2 extreme in australia i have called a couple of shops (about 10) they all said they currently dont stock any does anybody know when and any good places to buy this cpu n a compatible mb

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

dazila,
    You will find all of them here! Of course you have to throw away the Dell MB, case, Etc!

http://www.dell.com/content/product...&cs=04&~ck=anav&a=23~0~98591&navla=23~0~98591

I guess we should see a goodly supply in about a month for the consumer. Looks like Intel pee'd on it's own feet, yet again!

Happy Computering,
    theone

14. dazila

dazila Regular member

lol k thanks

15. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

"They also release faster cpu's quicker then amd do" - so this is why the conroe processor was released a week ago and you still can't buy many variants of it? The 'until-conroe' superior AMD product, the Athlon64 X2 was ready to buy the day it was touted for release, and has never stopped being ready to buy.

16. dazila

dazila Regular member

i know this isnt the right thread for this but i nkow some of use will know how to dod htis how can i add those for eg. windows xp user,ps3 preorederer logos/pictures in my signature box n what site can i get them of

17. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

[bold]OFF TOPIC ALERT![/bold]
    [​IMG]

@ dazilla, Do you mean userbars? Like these below?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2006
  18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

lol i was completely lost on the question

19. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

LOL! It took me a minute to get past the encryption!

20. dazila

dazila Regular member

yes them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.