1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel vs. AMD

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by flip218, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Wait! You can only get a PSU for a desktop computer. A laptop can have an AC adapter or a bettery but not a PSU. Trust me on this. If your laptop actually has the video power for Doom 3 and Oblivion then you wont have to worry about anything "blowing."

A PSU won't fit in a laptop case or even hook up to the components in the laptop. PSUs have to go directly into the case and don't just sit outside of it.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

You don't need a PSU for a laptop, the battery is low voltage DC anyway!

3. crowy

crowy Guest

Just got home from work,totally stuffed!!
    this is totally off topic but thought a good laugh does everyone good!!
    There's also a bit of wisdom in it.

[​IMG]

4. crowy

crowy Guest

Off topic again:)
    Blu ray disc burner :FREEWARE:)
    This is for anyone considering blu-ray in the future.
    Could be posted in another thread.If anyone knows of a thread this could be useful feel free to post it.

It's revolutionary Blu-Ray freeware. The first and the only one free Blu-ray Disc burning software in the international market of multimedia solutions today!

Write your data to CD, DVD and Blu-ray Discs quickly and easily using FREE AVS Disc Creator. No trial periods, no feature limitations, no watermarks. No spyware or adware.

AVS Disc Creator 2.1 supports wide range of media types and drives, true multisession, disk images (ISO) and projects.

Requirements: CPU at at 1000 MHz, RAM 128 MB, Sound card, 800x600x display

http://www.download3k.com/System-Utilities/File-Disk-Management/Download-AVS-Disc-Creator-FREE.html

5. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

crowy..HAVE U TRIED THIS YET ? HOW DOES IT COMPARE TO NERO OR DVD DECRYPTER.Sorry caps on..or even copy to dvd..Hate to try this & end up with coasters

6. crowy

crowy Guest

rick5446,
    No haven't used it yet.
    I wasn't worried about burning dvd's or cd's,dvd decypter/alcohol/dvd shrink/nero take care of those.What I meant was for anyone with the dollars to buy a blu-ray burner and wanted software to burn the discs this could be worth a look.

7. crowy

crowy Guest

OK, downloading it now,i'll find something to burn let you know how it goes.

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

crowy,

Well, I got the Prescott up and running. It's only oc'd 5%. It's going to be in a warmer environment and it's replacing a dual PIII Rambus machine so I think he will definately see a difference in speed. Should get the new MB next week. Then I can put my D940 back together. Gonna clock it at 3.71 until I can afford a 600 Watt PS. Plenty fast enough at 3.71. I may not even try to go above that until I get a better MB, early next year. Something with more stages to the power regulation. Don't like solder all over the inside of the case!

Happy Computering,
    theone

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Bunny for World Dominator!

9. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

my bro is getting a special offer with a hp laptop it has -

fingerprint recognition
    amd turion 64 ML32 1.8GHz
    512mb ram/60gb hard drive/15 inch tft
    ati mobility radeon x300 graphics with s-video tv out
    dvd+/-rw
    6 in 1 card reader
    wireless
    xp home

this package also includes a HP rucksack and a CANON PIXMA MP150 multi function printer for £599.anyone think its worth getting and is the gc a 3d accelerator card?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
  10. crowy

crowy Guest

theonejrs,
    Never experienced it and don't want too!!
    Read some reviews and do some research on psu's.It will save you a headache.
    Cant wait to get this new stuff installed:)Stay tuned next week.Just want to hit 3.0ghz stable or not!!!

11. crowy

crowy Guest

rick5446:
    Here's a screenshot of the program:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2006
  12. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

crowy..Keep us posted on it! I'm going to give it a try also,but just on reg Disc's..I've actually found Copy TO DVD better then Nero for burning.Don't know about longivity of Disc though..Don't really know if burning has anything to do with longivity or not,but i do know burning has an important factor in bad sectors

13. crowy

crowy Guest

OK.It copies what it sees.
    Doesn't create dvd's,cd's, what ever.
    Only writes to disc what it reads.
    By the way to any of the mods...........wheres my senior member status???LOL!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2006
  14. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

crowy..U meen it won't create a VIDEO & AUDIO_TS ? But will copy a VIDEO & AUDIO_TS !

15. crowy

crowy Guest

rick5446,
    Thats right!

16. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

crowy..Does that affect the way DVD Player read the DVD I wonder,as to not writing lead in & lead out

17. crowy

crowy Guest

The discs created by this program will work on your computer only.Unless its a 1 to 1 copy of a dvd, cd, vcd,or any disc that would usually play in a standalone dvd player.

18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

He_man: The CPU is good, the GPU is very poor. For £599 with a printer it's not bad, but games are out.
    Crowy: Keep us posted!

19. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Well me thinks its a pretty useless piece of software for this day & age.Nice factor is its free ! Hopefully they will add some bells & whistles

20. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

ok.wonder if its a 3d accelerator card to play mgs2 substance.

edit - i found this about the gc

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/334/C3442/

from what they say it seems ok and i think it will be able to beat the intel graphics media accelerator 900 by a bit(my previously owned laptop gc)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.