1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel vs. AMD

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by flip218, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Nice, but that picture's huge, edit or remove or be incincerated by unhappy aD users.

2. crowy

crowy Guest

sammorris,
    LOL!!!Thats not my sig.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That's better, although the other image was funnier! LOL

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

crowy,

I couldn't locate the 875P-T, but I found this one in stead, an 865pe-tag. The 865PE chipset is fine. In fact, the 865 PE is one of the chipsets being re-worked for the Conroe but the 875P-T isn't!.

Plus after looking at it for a while it and my Asus P5P800 SE, they are very similar MBs. both on the 865 PE chipsets so I would like to see how they compare. BTW The manual is beautifly done!

One thing I would like to know is how many stages does it have for it's on-board voltage regulation? Seems I've been down this road once and I'de like not to do it again! Maybe you can find out for me.

If it's better than 3 stage regulation, we have a winner!

Happy Computering,
    theone

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

What o ther options are there, 8 phase?

6. crowy

crowy Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2006
  7. crowy

crowy Guest

sammorris,
    Iv'e got 87 phase!!!!??? ROFL!!!

8. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

"sammorris,
    LOL!!!Thats not my sig."

what do you mean?
    it is your sig and its way to big horizontal wise.

9. crowy

crowy Guest

HE-Man,
    500x200 is the max.
    Mine is 452x120:)

10. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Lol Burned!

Mine's at 300 x 100 but I also have text with it. So it's at the max for height.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

All signiatures here are legal at present, if I understand the forum rules correctly...

12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

crowy,

I looked at the epox MB and I went to their site. It's not compatable with the D940. I think I'll stick with the 865PE-tag. I'm going to check with DFI today and see if I can find out more about the voltage regulation.

Happy Computering,
    theone

13. crowy

crowy Guest

theonejrs,
    Hope that board suits your needs.I know you'll have a lot of fun with it.I'm going to hook up this water block soon(wipes sweat from brow and takes a valium!)Temps at the moment are 29 @ idle.

14. crowy

crowy Guest

Here's the idle temp @ 2979mhz.Water temp @2 degrees.
    [​IMG]

Heres a screenshot @3024MHZ!!!

[​IMG]
    And here's a sandra math screenshot

[​IMG]

All went according to plan.Haven't had time for any stability tests yet but for now I'm over the moon:)Absolutely no condensation issues what so ever.I'll do some more benching when I've got this water sub-zero.Have to go and chop some wood and do some shopping back later.

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

16. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Wow Crowy, I'm sooo jealous! I need watercooling or I'll never hit that speed! And that's a wicked CPU temp. Mine isn't that low on idle with a 120mm cooling fan at high RPMs.

That is an insane overclock and you've got me lookin' to maybe invest in water cooling before I get a new CPU. I wanna squeeze that last bit of performance out of it. But then again I wan't to get a Toledo Core CPUm soon and I might do it then. A 4400+(for the decent multipliers) would be great at 2.8-3GHz. Alot cheaper than an FX-62 and way faster I'll wager. Much higher memory speed for one. I don't know why I'm even waiting. I guess I'm just procrastinating.

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That's some major league ownage of the 4800+ there, crowy, well done! What voltage though?

18. baltekmi

baltekmi Regular member

aabbccdd
    what is so great about it, just curious. lol

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well, it's not too shabby, but the E6400 is quite a bit less, and that's around 4400-4600+ speed levels. They probably overclock quite similarly too. The vasty superior E6600 isn't all that much more, and the almost-as-fast E6400 is considerably less, even at newegg.

This is a relatively good deal http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103545
    as is this
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103626
    this too
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103547

20. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

sammorris,

The chances of me winding up with a x2 4400+ are getting better every day! I'm laughing my tail off as when I first started thinking dual-core that was the one I originaly wanted to build. When the Opteron x2 185 came out, I raised my standards!

About the time I bought the Sceptre, in fact right after that I got sick and had to quit work. Had I know I would have waited on the Sceptre and gotten the 4400+ then. By now I would have been ahead of the game because everything's come down in price. That's what happens when you abandon the plan you started with!

I had planned to buy the parts a piece at a time, shopping sales and stuff like that. I had wanted to buy the 4400+ last, figuring that it was the most expensive part so I'de give it the most time hoping for a decent price drop. Nice plan!! If I'de of followed it I wouldn't have wound up with an all right Intel. What's that Commercial? I Coulda had a V8!!! Instead, I got the V6! Nice fast V6 but no 4400+ OC'd!

Listen to your heart, But think with your brain!

Happy Computering,
    theone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.