1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel vs. AMD

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by flip218, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

There we go.. Not such a good idea now is it? :D

2. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

yip.paypal buyer protection :)

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

What buyer protection?

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

guys what video card is the next step up from my NVIDIA Geforce-7800 GTX , mine ended up being a bad card and there going to give me full credit towards a new card so i fugured i might as will step it up one. would the 7900 GTX be a better card. or what card would be a good match for my system per my sig.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2006
  5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Ooo ebay..my favourite subject.. I had 6 accounts for myself and 20 people I worked with who had multiple accounts also.. we used to buy stuff off each other 9never paid for anything) and always leave great feedback for the other..stung heaps of fools with trash, wrong goods..broken (blame the mail) or plain never sent it.. we did an excellent line in pace digi boxes..sold 35 of em, only had the one. No refunds..no warning from ebay..and just a pack of lies in the feedback..
    Amazing how quickly somebody agrees to mutually withdraw the bad comments when one of your friends (who they don't know) accuses them of trying to sell them the item you never sent privately during another transaction..
    I eventually gave up after getting ripped myself once too often, and it started getting a bit hot with all the accounts..
    Moral of the story...Don't buy on ebay..selling is fine but be prepared to lie and steal..

As to the amd-intel thing.. I don't care as long as it works.

6. baltekmi

baltekmi Regular member

janrocks
    i guess you are really PROUD OF YOURSELF.

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

aabbccdd: A RADEON X1900XT!!!
    janrocks: so you dish out the punishment, but when it comes back at you, you can't accept it. I'm ashamed, you're one of the reasons ebay isn't trustworthy. I hope you're pleased with yourself, those are real people you've conned.

8. dsgtrain

dsgtrain Regular member

janrocks: Maybe I should do it to you!! I gotta Geforce 7950GX2 Graphics Card here, Bids starting at 99p. Not Funny!!

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I've got loads of old stuff that doesn't work I can sell! I could rip someone off by selling that faulty router on that someone sold me. I just couldn't do it though, I have a conscience. Bidboosting is evil enough.

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

maybe i should step in as mediator before another 'Intel vs AMD' thread gets closed and certain people flail around again (remember the crying, whining, calls for mass banning of mods, genocide, electric fencing around greenbelt land to stop treehugging etc etc when the last Intel vs AMD thread was closed) ..as they can't cope without this one single thread.....

- sounds like she's admitted to changing her eBay ways in that paragraph already :)

...so let's get back to "Intel vs AMD" before i end up being sold dodgy eBay gear :O

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Hmm quite. As dishonesty goes, that's pretty much the summit, except for the fact she admitted it.

12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

janrocks,

Don't blame anyone commenting on your post if you get a lifetime ban from this forum. It's bad enough to ask questions about illegal stuff here, but to sit there and tell us how you did it! Not very cool or smart and is against the rules! You better hope that one of the hackers around here doesn't decide to find out who you really are. That information along with your "confession" and things could get a little sticky for you. I got ripped off on Ebay by someone just like you!

Oh yeah! He was a piece of shit too! (sorry Neph!)

theone

13. creaky

Well there's a surprise.

Let me say it again one last time for the stubborn among us......

14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Why specifically Nephilim, Russ?
    Anyway, more on topic, how far has anyone overclocked an E6300, 6400 or 6600? I hear 6402 has got his up past 3Ghz...
    Also, in an incredibly foolish act of pedantism, isn't your sig technically over 50KB, creaky? :D:D

15. creaky

what's this, comedy hour ?. Any more crap, cheap cracks about my sig, offtopic crap and i close the thread and i won't provide a handkerchief for those of you who live for this one single thread (that you're fouling all by yourselves). I have a young lady waiting for me to restore her data for her so if you don't mind, i need to help her and you lot need to re-read the thread title - [bold]Intel vs AMD[/bold]

16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

So much for the "mild-mannered Creaky" we used to know. I've made my query, and can't really post any more on topic until it's answered. You may want to look up our profiles and see just how many other threads we contribute to than this one.

17. creaky

i was mild-mannered here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/344865/2315640

i made a reasonable request there and even added some humour to avoid exactly what has happened in subsequent replies. Care to wonder why i'm not always mild-mannered anyone ?

of course you lot contribute in other threads, i'm simply trying (failing miserably obviously) to turn this particular one around...

18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I've tried too! Shall we just leave this alone, and wait for someone with something useful to say to arrive? LOL

End.

19. creaky

thread closed while the other mods have a look; i've got better stuff to do right now

20. creaky

i'd just been asked if this thread was going to be re-opened, had completely forgotten about it.

so....thread re-opened, have fun people

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.