1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

intelligabilty

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by ecc83, Feb 23, 2007.

1. ecc83

ecc83 Member

I know I am an old F and this is my second only post but can I share an observation.
    A great number of postees use cryptic "cntrtns lk u i ". We are dealing with TECHNICAL matters, mostly, therefore such words as dvi will crop up, u is part of dbu and so on. I know in personal emails we often do not capitalise "I" but in a technical forum it does separate the person from the "thing".
    No, I am not part of the texting culture but I have 50yrs of engineering jargon that I could use to show off and obfurscate.
    I cannot touch type and the odd typo will creep in, but can we keep things as clear and error free as possible?

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Unfortunately the text-message generation is taking over the world.

You make some good points. The force of your message is a little diluted, however, by your not spelling "intelligibility" and "obfuscate" correctly, and using "postee" when I think you meant "poster". Furthermore, the question "can I share an observation" should have one of these "?" at the end of it, not a period. Also it is customary to separate paragraphs with a blank line. Still, I expect you'll blame them on "typos", eh?