1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intelligence is not my strongpoint

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by hk2npck, Dec 18, 2003.

1. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

OK..here is my problem. I have a 20GB IBM hard drive. I got it free from a friend, but thats the HDD I srored my backup on. Little did I know that the reason my friend gave it away was because it wasnt working working for him. Well. The hard drive failed...just stoped working one fine day. It is decteded in my bios...but when I pulled out the ide cable, I found that the one of the pins was loose. basically, I need a hard drive controler for an IBM hard drive. I do not mean the kind that give you more IDE ports, I mean a the kind that is actually on the underside of the hard drive. I also looked on IBM's site to see if they had any hard drive parts. NOPE! is there somewhere I can get them?? also. If you can fix the problem another way, heres what happens. I have my primary HDD (the one I boot from) and the 20GB that failed on the same channel(both set to cable select). I try to boot up, but it doesnt get past the winxp loading screen. I tried it in safe mode, and it stopped at loading "Mup.sys" mean anything?? thanks!

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you could go to a site called " andywells dot com"

post your question to the site but make sure you leave an email address.Some one will try to help.

catch ya

andmerr