1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interactive and Dbox

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by AlishaTB, Jan 27, 2007.

1. AlishaTB

AlishaTB Guest

Hi,

Does anyone know if DBox's support the interactive services that are available? E.g BBC interactive on Sky boxes, etc.

Cheers
    Alisha

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

They don't support MHEG (interactive) services as thet were designed for the German market.

3. AlishaTB

AlishaTB Guest

Ok, is this a 'fault' in the box itself or the image?

What I am trying to get at is, if there was an image made, created or designed to support MHEG, would it work or would it simply not work because the DBox itself would not support MHEG? (Am I making any sense?)

4. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

If someone wrote the routine into the box then yes it would work. MHEG is only used in the UK so was never an option in these boxes.

5. AlishaTB

AlishaTB Guest

So basically if there was an image out-there that supported MHEG and this image was flashed onto the dbox interactive would work?

6. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

I thought I already said that, silly me ;-)

7. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

these boxes do not talk back to the cable provider thus you cant provide an interactive service, plus do you want the dbox to talk back to the cable provider and say "hey its me a dbox and I am getting free cable tv without paying for it"

come on get real....

8. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

You are correct in it would have to talk back as cable interactive is pulled from the CC and would identify the box. Just pointing out that the DBox would be able to do so if programmed, which is why it's not.