1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting Tidbit

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by omegaman7, Oct 29, 2008.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I dont know if this has been covered in the past, but here you go ladies and gents. Today, the fabulous DvdRB gave me headaches. I didnt understand why every other program would acknowledge the folder/files appropriately, where the Rebuilder would not. I thought somehow I screwed up the RB .ini file. Tried restoring it to no avail. Then I took a look at the files myself. See... When I run a vob through Divx, I have shrink NOT split the vobs. I left that setting that way. So Rebuilder didnt like the large .Vob files. It caused paticular errors! When DVD shrink says "SPLIT VOBS INTO 1GB increments(RECOMMENDED)" Its no joke. Never in 5 yrs had a problem with it, but I will be more cautious of it now. I hope that Jdobbs reads this. Something just occurred to me. Does Rebuilder acknowledge .VOB files AUTOMATICALLY as 1gb increments regardless of their actual file sizes? Little food for thought! :)
    PLEASE NOTE THAT this COULD have simply been a fluke. But I dont believe in coincidences. Ahhh... Confirmed! I ran a SIMILAR test. Definite errors. It obviously doesnt like LARGE vobs!

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You are correct. Rebuilder likes only DVD compliant files. Your standalone player doesn't like large files either.

3. varnull

varnull Guest

Most things don't like vobs over a gig.. it's in the standards set by DVD Forum for compliance.

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yes, Apparently. I just thought it might help others with problems they might be having. I simply forgot the setting that way in shrink, and then had problems. Interestingly though in 5 yrs ive never had a problem! MOST unusual.

5. varnull

varnull Guest

99% of dvd authoring software will automatically split at 1 gig regardless of the file sizes input. Now with the move to the HD disk formats that has become more fluid and not automatically assumed by the software.

6. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

OMG. What a stupid title. Usually I don't reply to threads with dumb titles, but couldn't resist this one. I mean really...

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Thats why I gave it that title. You couldnt resist. :)

8. varnull

varnull Guest

Hey.. It's a really good subject and goes a long way to explaining why an apparently perfectly normal disk will only play on some hardware.

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

A title not always needbe searched out. A simple google search will yield this thread! The title gets peoples attention. Its valuable info, thats why I posted it.