1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet connection!!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by myf, Jun 27, 2007.

1. myf

myf Member

Right have friend who is having all types of problems with her laptop.. So she's been having problems opening her internet browsers, ie and firefox.. She was having problems with her windows validation which we assumed was the problem so that has been fixed yet still can not open internet browsers.. (only intermittently works). When she brings her laptop to mine and connects to my wireless internet, no problems.. Then in the computer shop today the internet browsers opened no problem.. Then she gets home and they will not work. We know the internet is working as she is always able to sign into msn live messenger and chat to me online yet she could not open hotmail for example.. Her internet supplier (BT) say if she can sign in then there is no problem their end.. I am left pretty much baffled as to what is causing this problem.. Any ideas? Thanks. Charlie.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Has she tried deleting Firefox, re-downloading it, and re-installing? It may have gotten corrupted somehow.

Maybe try a system restore point, and go back enough to be before the problem started.
    Good luck!

3. myf

myf Member

Thanks for your advice.. We finally fixed it though.. Turns out where she lived there was a few wireless networks.. One being stronger than her own so the laptop was picking up that one instead of her own, which was a secure network and thats why internet wasn't working correctly.. We deleted the other networks and all is working fine now.. Thanks again, Charlie.