1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Explorer 7

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by mRNoviZ, Jun 29, 2006.

1. mRNoviZ

mRNoviZ Member

Is it worth installing?

2. 21Q

21Q Regular member

I would say yes, it is vary good and now features tabs like firefox. Of course I would go with firefox though.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  3. mRNoviZ

mRNoviZ Member

Yeah Im already using Firefoc I havent used in IE in a long time just wanted to see if IE 7 will be better

4. kiss11

kiss11 Member

ie 7 beta runs alots faster than old one .setting it up now

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  5. Niobis

Niobis Active member

Well, for me, no it is not worth installing! I have AlienGUI and IE 7 does not like it at all! Looks glitched, really bad. I regret installing it, I want 6 back but can't find it. It's worth installing if your not using AlienGUI. It's about time Microsoft gets on the path with tabs!

6. doran1801

doran1801 Member

if you want ie6 back, just go to add remove windows component in add/remove programs

7. ofolion

ofolion Regular member

I installed IE7...used it for a while deduced it was just a microsoft version of FireFox and left it installed...

Later i was having trouble playing some games online (STEAM games e.g. CS1.6 CS:S DoD:S) and it turned out to be the "phising" filter on it stopping them working...uninstalled it and i just use FireFox...

If you ask me its not worth much...use FireFox quicker,better BETTER!

If i were you i would install to test it around and stuff get the review on it and then uninstall it and use FireFox!

8. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Yes I would recommend Firefox over IE7...Trust me you will see a big difference....And with the newest beta version out with some more cool features as in Spellcheck and stuff like that it is defenitley worth it.Even if you don't go with Firefox atleast go with opera.

9. waleedwc

waleedwc Regular member

IE7 is in its beta stages and is not worth installing, its just a waist of time, use firefox, you wont have any problems, i have come across multiple problems with IE7 and dont use it anymore due to this.

10. 21Q

21Q Regular member

how many times is more than person gonna say to use firefox

we get it, plus this thread is old, duobt the starter is keeping rabs on this thread

11. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I did a search but couldnt find a thread that had this question or mayb i didnt look hard enough.

I want to know wat is better opera or Firefox

I am getting tired of IE

Can some one shed some light???

12. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Firefox... IMO its got a lot of really good add ons. And just a well known great aplication!

13. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

you guys sure about being able to remove ie7 as i heard that when you try and remove ie your comp will be screwed up.
    if i remove ie7, which by the way is a lump of **beep**, will i go back to ie6 or whatever?
    by the way FireFox is great FIREFOX FIREFOX FIREFOX, come on everybody chant with me, FIREFOX FIREFOX, lol.
    [​IMG]Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  14. waleedwc

waleedwc Regular member

When you remove IE7, the files for IE6 are automatically re-installed, so you dont have to worry about anything. Before IE7 installation they are backep up incase you decide to uninstall.

15. 21Q

21Q Regular member

I want uninstall ie forever, how can I do this, IE must DIEEEEE. Firefox dominates my life.

16. waleedwc

waleedwc Regular member

I dont know if you can remove IE completely, because the rest of windows runs on a similar level, but you can try, by going into add remove windows components, and see if you can get rid of it.

17. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

I suggest not removing ie, even if you don't want to use it. Some programs completely rely on the 'engine' of IE to run (like Norton..there are many more but can't recollect of any others)

18. chayne04

chayne04 Regular member

i downloaded IE7 and within two days have gone back to IE6. i did not like it, because it kept getting error messages that Internet Explorer had to shut down because of ......, so i uninstalled it and went back to IE6. it automatically reinstalled 6, just make sure you reboot.

19. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

kk thanks people for the advice.

hey to the guy that wants to get rid of IE forever, DONT.

as IE is not just a internet browser but one of the core components of windows, you know all that start programs menu, log off switch user, shut down menus all run on IE, even the search and my computer windows run on IE.
    so if you do get rid of it for good as in GONE your comp will be messed up, dont like IE? just leave it there on its own. simple.
    you can blame MicroSoft for having all their software so TIGHTLY interlocked.

EDIT i just realised i cant find IE 7 in the add/remove programs list for some reason how do i uninstall IE7 now?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  20. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

The entry will be listed as 'Windows Internet Explorer Beta x'. If yo can't find it, try this command in start -> run

%windir%\ie7beta3\spuninst\spuninst.exe