1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Explorer causing problems?

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by ravens1, Jan 28, 2007.

1. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

Some time ago i installed Hidemyip which made my Firefox be in Arabic, and now it still is. I uninstalled Hidemyip and the Arabic website problem still occured. I installed IE 7 and i really did not like it. It is slow and i just hate it. So i try to install firefox over again but i still get the problem.

I have been using an older version of mozilla for some time, but i still want firefox. i uninstalled firefox andit removed the old mozilla and firefox. So im stuck with IE 7, which doesnt load some websites(like afterdawn for example). Also it runs very slow. i downlaoded opera and firefox again but whenever i try to install both of them i get either: "Extract failed," or "File is corrupt." Its like something doesnt want me to install a new browser. I scanned for spyware and viruses and the results were clear of viruses.

So, any suggestions about all my troubles?
    Thanks

2. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

Another question, is it normal to have exactly 7 svchost.exe processes running?