1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Issue

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Pballace, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Pballace

Pballace Member

Ok, I have a bit of an issue. After having windows up for about a day and surfing the web without problems i run into an issue. Whenever i try to visit a site it says the page cannot be displayed,I am still connected to the internet but i just cannot access any web pages. If i restart the computer it works just fine for about another day.I thought that maybe it could be some malicious software causing this but i swept my system and nothing was found. I have run out of ideas and am hoping some of you might be able to help. Oh by the way i am runnning windows vista home premium 32 bit.

2. Pballace

Pballace Member

Anyone?

3. steimy

steimy Active member

That usually happens if there is something wrong in your connection settings. I can not say exactly what because it could be quite a few things. But check the setting on both your main connection, and in the control panel under internet options.

Also do you happen to be using a router? If so that could also have a few things that could cause it to happen.

Sorry i can not pinpoint something for you but with networking there are a lot of factors. But i can tell you that 90% of the time when it shows you are connected, but the internet browser will not pull up pages it is a setting, or that you did not install you broadband drivers when you re-installed windows.

4. ugc

ugc Regular member

5. Pballace

Pballace Member

Thanks for the replies,I have checked all of my settings and everything checks out so i don't think that is the issue but i could be wrong.I am using a router but i also have 4 other computers connected to the network via the router without problems. I should point out when i said my i cannot connect to any webpages that is all i cannot do,I can download stuff, Play online games and use chat programs and not run into connection problems. If it were a problem with my settings wouldn't my connection fail from the get-go?