1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet/Router Problems Please Help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by JOSh765, Feb 6, 2007.

1. JOSh765

JOSh765 Regular member

Hello,

I have a weird problem with my internet well router i think, im really not sure whats going on why its happening or even if it can be fixed so it doesnt happen anymore.

This is my situation;
    My internet connection is PIPEX BROADBAND ADSL 3.6mbps
    I have a BT VOYAGER 240 (wired adsl) ROUTER
    I have 2 PCs and a laptop connected to the router (Laptop:mums work, PC1:brothers and dads pc not much downloading done, PC2: My computer lots of downloading on just about all the time)

My mum, dad and brother will not experience this problem like i do as they do not download anything or use msn messenger ( the 2 things that seem to be affected by this problem )

So heres what happens ill try explain the best i can;
    Im using my computer and its all working fine the browers working i can download, i can use msn without being disconnected all the time, burt then sometimes for no reason at all or for a reason i dont know of everything seems to go pear shaped download wise, yet my browser still works.

The problems i get are;
    1.ARES (downloading mp3s etc) I get a status that just says connecting and never changes, although sometimes i get an online status but i knwo it aint working right because my download speeds stay at 0.4kbps for about a minute then just drop to 0 and dont come back up.

2.LIMEWIRE (downloading mp3s etc) the same thing seems to happen in limewire as it does in ares, sometimes it doesnt connect, other times it does but no download speeds!

3.AZUREUS (torrents) I get a status saying either NAT OK? or FIREWALLED (i always get these and torrent downloads fine) but ig et no seeds or peers for either uploading or downloading. Which i know it isnt down to the fact there arent any, its because ive got a problem somewhere.

4.WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER (social) This has got to be the most annoying problem of them all! Im 15 and i would say i have a good social life, i have lots of friends from school that dont live near so i can speak to them over this but when i have this weird internet problem every 2-5minutes i get disconnected and get the message "CONNECTION WITH NET MESSENGER LOST RECONECTING 0.40SECS" and it doesnt stop doing this.

Those are my problems i dont know why they happen but they all happen at the same time, never will only 1 of those things be happening by itself, this has led me to believe its a problem with my router? maybe its dying or maybe its a problem with my actual internet but seen as though sometimes it works i dotn think that could be it.

I was wondering if anyone has every had problems like this when using an ethernet modem/router?
    If anyone knows anything that mite solve this problem please help me!

Thanks In Advance

-Josh

2. gtjr_ph

gtjr_ph Regular member

restart your modem/router the one provided with your isp
    call your isp if they have problems
    where are you located ?
    did you know that there was an earthquake in taiwan last dec 26 2006 that cut many cables and cause an internet blackout in asia pacific region until now?

3. JOSh765

JOSh765 Regular member

Im located in north east of the uk
    I didnt get a router with my isp, they only gavce me the modem i had to buy the router after.
    and knwo id idnt know about the earthquake, coudl that have effected me?

-Josh

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007