1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Slower Than It Should Be

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by MagnusD, Jun 30, 2007.

1. MagnusD

MagnusD Regular member

I've been having this problem for quite a while now and I'm looking for a way to solve it.

I have an internet conection that usually downloads at 1000Kb/s, and it had downloaded at that speed without and problems for a while. However, all of a sudden, it cut itself in half, and now i can only get a maximum download speed of 500KB/s.
    I'm thinking a program may have been throttling my bandwith (an internet sreaming program), but I uninstalled that program and it hasn't made any sort of difference to the speed.

I guess my question is, how can I get my speed back to what it was. I there any way to see if a program is throttling the speed. Any advice will be apreciated.

2. MagnusD

MagnusD Regular member

Anyone? I'd like to be able to solve this soon.

3. josh99

josh99 Regular member

It may be your internet provider, contact them, they should have an answer.

4. MagnusD

MagnusD Regular member

Nope, that's definetally not it. I was getting 700-800KB/s on an older computer I was using with the same connection a few days ago. It's something to do with the settings or bandwith allocation on this computer that's causing my problem here.

Can anyone help?