1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intervideo dvd copy platinum 2 : problem

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by brian100, Mar 23, 2004.

1. brian100

brian100 Guest

lcymru

I would really like to try your suggestion, but my trial period for Intervideo 2 expired ages ago now! The software is expensive for what it is $70 approx.

I never got a reply from customer services, so I basically gave up with this product.

I am staggered that the chap who contacted you had never heard of this pixellation problem.

Keep us all informed if his solution to the problem rectifies the pixellation issues

Thanks in advance.

2. AxelBa

AxelBa Guest

3. wowdancer

wowdancer Member

Hi All

I found the solution the stupid blocking problems V2 generates.

I just contacted InterVideo and asked them to fix it, if they will not release it I will release the "fix".

PS
    Suggest me how much shell I charge them? ;-)

4. sbajwa

sbajwa Member

I have used different programs to figure out best option for back up. Here are my observations:

Movie-KANGROO JACK

NERO RECORDO2/DVD43:Detailed audio choices.Fast operation-Total time 39 min.On normal viewing,more acceptable quality than Shrink, however strangly very little distortion on zoom view(Close to original).

INTER VIDEO DVD COPY2/DVD X GHOST OR ANY DVD(DVD 43 will not work)-I click operation-works smothly. No compression details/little choices. Fastet operation-Total time 16 min. Best Quality on normal viewing-closest to original, however strangly more distortion on zoom view as compared to Nero Recordo2.

So for me Nero Recordo2 is best choice, if you own Nero 6 ulta.Otherwise Shrink/Decrypter(all free) is best choice. I have noticed in my case, Shrink works fine but there are cases when it refuses to continue(Reading/Copy protection.Nero Recordo2 was 99.9% working with combination DVD43 or DVD X GHOST.

Intervideo DVD Copy2(Trial version)-Normal viewing Video Quality-real close to original but on zoom view more distortion as compared to Nero Recordo2(Whose normal viewing quality is a little inferior).

Inter video DVD copy2-As many peoples have noticed large white blocks, I also noticed random large white block in both full disk and movie only option.BUT THIS WAS NOT NOTICED IN KANGROO JACK MOVIE.Was noticed in long movies and Foreign language movies(more than 2 hrs movie) both in full disk and movie only options. Even in these cases, normal viewing quality was best-close to original.Nero recordo was even able to produce back up of these movies with acceptable quality with out any visible defect. So I think problem is with software(I have never insalled previous version on my computer).Stangly I Click DVD Copy, DVD ClonerII, DVD X Copy Express and DVD Shrink all failed to produce back up copy. Reading file failure or skiping bad sector was the message but original played well on PC and DVD player

sbajwa

5. wowdancer

wowdancer Member

OKI DONKEY...

Well, I tried to get the company to release a patch, but since I got 0 (zero) reply, then...let's party!

Here how you can remove the nasty blocks:

0) Remove V2.0 from your system
    1) Get hold of Intervideo DVD Copy V1.2
    2) Install it (don't worry, I know you want V2.0)
    3) Go to the directory you installed the software in
    4) You need to go to common\bin
    5) get.... VOBTRANS.DLL (it's about 102kb)
    6) now you can un-install DVD Copy V1.2
    7) Install V2.0
    8) Copy VOBTRANS.DLL to both common\bin AND on the directory you install DVDCOPY (i think the default is DVDCOPY 2)
    9) If you want, you can of course back up the VOBTRANS.DLL from V2.0

That's it, no more blocky nights...and what a wonderful quality! The only drawback is that I can't see a preview, but that's for me a SMALL price for what I get.

Please tell me your resaults...

Love U All!

Last edited: May 21, 2004
  6. frisk

frisk Member

one problem....

where do I get version 1.2 from?

can't you just upload the needed dll file
    somewhere on the net and let us know the
    adress for downloading it?

Thanks in advance

7. wowdancer

wowdancer Member

8. frisk

frisk Member

it works with the old vobtrans.dll from version 1.2
    but the quality isn't the same as before, now it's
    same quality like DVDShrink or CloneDVD

I definitly no more use DVD copy Platinum for them
    moment and will give it another chance once version
    3 will become available

9. sbajwa

sbajwa Member

I dowloaded version 1.2.It worked. There are no white blocks but quality and speed is far inferior as compared to version 2. I will also wait for V 3.

10. E-ternal

E-ternal Guest

yo wowdancer,

Thanks for sharing your idea. What I suspected from it, was indeed true; bye replacing this file you are replacing the best improved feature of the program with the earlier release and its transcoding. The transcoding library in version 2 is way better then version 1.2 and it produsces amazing quality at that speed. The current transcoder of v2 has just to be fixed from the blocks and its absolute excellent!

I did a couple of movies with version 2 and was very enthusiast. I kept using it until i discovered the blocks one day on a burned movie. But it does not appear with all movies.

Illl still try to use the transcoder and if it fails on a movie i just use Instant Copy 8.05 after I prepared it with dvd-stripper (www.dvdrbase.org) and IFOedit to remove audiostreams

InstantCopy is also not bugless but when prepared with dvdstripper that uses dvddecrypter and ifoedit remotely to remove cells and vobs it will be compatible with IC8 should give not any problems.

Though IC8 produces topquality even with 50% compression on maintitle, I hope the v2 of intervideo
    gets fixed soon, as this backs up (transcodes) your movies real quick with an almost even as good quality as Instant Copy as not better in some ways.

cheers all, hope this share helps anyone.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2004
  11. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Yeah I can't wait till they fix it. I usually just do the movie only and have been using dvd shrink for that. But I know that you get the white blocks if you use dvd shrink with intervideo dvd copy 2. So when they fix it I can remove the useless audio and subtile languages and just burn with dvd copy 2.

12. wowdancer

wowdancer Member

Just a thought...which I am sure is wrong but still...

Did anyone tried to delete the .AX & .DLL files from the program directory?

I don't believe it will change anything, but I do find it stupid those files are being copied to both the common and the program directory.

By the way, it run those .AX and .DLL from the common directory.

13. E-ternal

E-ternal Guest

CLiPsEmX, the blocks don't appear due to the use of DVD Shrink; I tested this and did the same movie today with the latest Intervid 2.0B002.09C00 straight from original dvd and from hardisk ripping the dvd with dvddecrypter.

As the blocks do not appear on all movies, it is has probably something to do with slightly different coded mpeg streams that VOB sets contain. To fix this it will probably cost not much time and hopefully we'll see a updated IVI Dvd Copy with bugless transcoder soon.

By the way: You can remove unwanted audiostrteams with IFOedit instead of running through Shrink:

-Open the IFO of the vobset containing the videostream you want to remove the audio from (mostly the maintitle)
    -Click vob-extras in the bottom of the window.
    -Now in the left top of the new window, check strip streams but uncheck strip vob-id's and click OK but Dont auto-save to the same location!
    -Now in the next window check all the streams you want to keep and unckeck wich to remove. Now click "strip it"
    -After IFOedit has copied the modified vobs and ifo to a folder, cut and paste the to your original videofolder overwriting them.

Now your directory is prepared to load in Intervideo DVD Copy and this way you can both keep the director's comments and one or more main audio streams
    but remove any other foreign language streams.

14. wowdancer

wowdancer Member

I just tried to transcode a trimmed down (6.35 GB) version of "Finding Nemo"

Instant DVD Copy (even on V2) was really poor, especially when it came to one scene, when Nemo is going to the drop-off from school.

When I compared the results to Pinnacle instant Copy V8.20 (version from the latest Instant CD/DVD) it's like a night and day...

The trnascoder of Intervideo DVD Copy is fine for a lot of movies, it fails for others...but doesn't they all?