1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intervideo DVD Copy Platinum

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by swaish, Jun 13, 2004.

1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

unfortunately wulfie, been there, done that, that site is what sparked the entire debate we've been having for the last 2 weeks and the beginning of 3 , or is it 4 now, new threads. The tests are pretty much worthless because most of them use antiquated software that has been upgraded , to do their comparisons with. The consensus has pretty much been in this order, rebuilder/CCE Basic, Intervideo dvd copy2, and Pinnacle InstantCopy 8. If you wish to join in our little test group these 4 threads will get you up to speed.http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/88747 next http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/88038 next http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/88295 next http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/90309 the last may not interest you since you don't believe in re-authoring, but is a good introduction to dvdremake, which was started as a result of these threads.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hey brobear, you still up? I missed a lot of stuff happening tonite. Just got done doing the new dvd of Hitchcock's The Birds with rebuilder/CCE. Re-authored with remake keeping quite a few extras. Turned out excellente my friend. BTW, I only got one 321 product, dvd x maker, it sucks! Is it in your platinum package/ Maybe you can give me some pointers, I hate to buy something and not use it to it's full capacity.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Big O
    Have you been up all night again?

That test has gottem more mileage by Newbies than just about anything I've seen. Plus I didn't know that anybody ran out and bought that many programs when just starting. The ones I have were accumulated over time. Must be a lot of well prepared Newbies in the new class.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Big O,
    You haven't missed a whole lot. Pete finally lost his patience, which seems a rare happening considering all his good work with the Newbies. I know the situation and I lost my temper over a like situation in which a lot of us were involved.

I think I'll start with CCE soon. Seems something keeps coming up or I spend too much time on the forums.

BTW, X Maker isn't part of the Platinum suite I own. I haven't used that program. So, I'm not of any help there. Platinum has the advanced X Copy and the Xpress. Not saying 321 didn't make another Platinum suite. Platinum is a good pitch word.

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You got that rite, man there has been some real bullsheeat in the last week or so. It finally even got to Pete, who we know has an infinite well of patience. Why would you say you got something when you don't, or you've done something when you haven't? How does that help your cause? In the end you're sitting at home with no backups and not a clue about what you're doing. By this point you can't even ask for help because you will have exposed yourself as a liar in previous threads. Not to mention it makes people who are willing to help reluctant to offer, because of being jerked around. The ones who really suffer are those who have a real desire to learn and are willing to listen and try before coming back 30 minutes later and saying it didn't work or we're full of shit. Know what I mean, verne? [bold] you beat me to the punch, I was responding to the previous post[/bold]
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2004
  6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

It's pretty hard to make me lose my temper, but I've lost it twice in the last 2 days. One newbie posted asking if it took a BJ to get an answer after only waiting 30 minutes. Like that's all we got to do all day, wait to serve. I told her if she was pretty and had a car, something could be arranged.

7. brobear

brobear Guest

Wax on, Wax off? 8~)

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I hear ya, well, I'm going to use dvdcopy2 rite now with a twist. I want to see how it re-authors. I've been tied to remake, and actually haven't tried it in copy2, just compression and burn while re-authoring in remake(man i love that software). Lets see if it works as well as it compresses. I am in the right thread, aint I? PS-I like copy2 so well i went out and got Intervideo's windvd recorder platinum 5 and a tv tuner card. It's a pretty impressive program so far. I had been using my HP dc4ooo burner to do all that kind of stuff with my tv going thru my VHS player into the HP burner. Kinda limited me as far as versatility.
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

9. brobear

brobear Guest

Replying in quick succession sometimes has me answering previous posts. I know the feeling.

It really gets me when people act like we get paid for being here. I would ask for payment for quick service if it wouldn't get me in the soup.

10. brobear

brobear Guest

Think so, it says something about Copy2 in the thread title.

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

heh heh heh, is a BJ considered payment?

12. DemonDog

DemonDog Regular member

Brobear, yes I own both 321 XPress and Plantinum, but I got Xpress last August, an OEM version when I purchased my first DVD burner, I didn't purchase the 321 Plantinum version until Feb. 2004 when I read about the Fed. Court going to ban its sale and purchased it a few days before the ban. So I really have TWO versions of Xpress on my computer, the one I'm using is the latest Plantinum RF with ripper added, the "Simple" option Xpress. Xpress to me is good for the way I like to backup, movie only for the most part. I've been using DVDShrink for the last month or so and like the option of having the movie with no menus and the ability to add an extra and/or alternate ending after the movie, which I can access quickly with chapter skip on the player.

I guess my problem with Plantinum Advanced is partly familiarity and it really didn't ADD anything to the way I wanted to back stuff up. When Plantinum Advanced allows you to pick cells it really provides little info as to what's in these cells and I couldn't figure out how to keep only the English audio and subtitles with it, something Xpress/Simple will allow you to do. I only tried a half dozen movies in Advanced mode, so maybe I gave up too soon.

While I saw the German site comparing transcoding tools, linked in earlier posts on this board about quality of tools, I did my own tests. I tried the Intervideo Copy2 Plantinum trial product because of recommendations on this board. It disappointed in the one movie I tried it on, that's not to say it's a bad product, but I was suprised with how much worse it was the the 321 product at this one test. The hard disk folder of the "movie only" mode created with DeCryptor for Lawrence of Arabia is only 7.00 GB, but its 3 hour 40+ minute length and relative small size make it a real tough test. Again I watched about 90 seconds of one scene multiple times with each copy, noting details on different objects on each pass, a subjective standard maybe, but one closest to real life.

Time permitting this weekend I'll use both DVD2one and CCE Basic on this 7.00 GB movie movie file, and report back, even if no one reads my posts. :)

P.S. To the guy who asked if the Plantinum and the Gold version ($50) are the same in encoding/compression quality, it would surely look that way from the info on the Intervideo web site, looks like the IV Plantinum adds DIVX support, etc. And since there are no options in the Platinum (trial version) to add passes to the encoding/compression process, logic says yes, but you can e-mail Intervideo and ask their sales staff for a definative answer.

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

brobear, I am absolutely befuddled as to why demondog, brian and a handful of others, a handful mind you, are not getting the quality results that the bulk of us are ending up with in intervideo dvdcopy2. Normally, I would say operator errors, however, this program is so simple to use I just don't think that is a viable answer. Several of the guys in this forum are no newbies when it comes to burning, yet they are having problems too. The only other conclusion I see is computer incompatability ie.plug-ins, settings, drivers, file systems, HD space, other software(we know nero and roxio don't like each other) etc.,and all the other variables associated with video production on PC's. There seems to be no middle ground. To the majority of us it is bested only by rebuilder/CCE, with this kind of accolades it cannot be the software. To the few, it sucks, inferior video, pixelation problems, etc.,yet , if it isn't the software, and not user error, what's left? I am absolutely convinced this software is unapproachable when you look at the quality combined with the speed it has completing the job. Pinnacle Instantcopy 8 comes close, but it's speed is another matter altogether. (I just finished Bulletproof Monk in 30 minutes and did my 1st reauthoring in it). So, I'm right back where I started, Dazed and Confused. Ya know what I mean verne?

14. siber

siber Regular member

bigorange, that beats me too. It's been giving me a headache just to read those comments. So, instead of popping Excedrin all day long, I am presently ignoring them. Maybe demondog and 64026402 are employed by the evil witch of the west.

BTW, bigorange, did you say you made a copy of Bulletproof Monk? I'll be glad to send you my commercial copy entirely for free. That movie has established itself in my personal Top Ten of Worst Movies of the 3d Millenium. Then again, maybe you are making a copy of that list to send to your Mother-in-Law. Hope so. Just kiddin'...

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Some people oppose things for the sake of oppotion itself. Even if they got good results they'd have to swallow their pride bfore stepping forward. The important thing is that we all know the truth.

The only people being harmed by this tootheless opposition are newbies, who while looking for something simple and versitile read these abstraction of the truth and are turned away from trying DVDcopy2 as a result.

Please not that this is a general statement and no one specifically has been targeted.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold]siber[/bold], it was a B-day gift because they knew I like Sean William Scott- American Pie movies, Evolution, and Rundown. Hate to hear that, I haven't even seen it yet. I'm desperate to backup, I'll even do yours for free.[bold]sophocles[/bold] I agree, but there is another newbie who had problems also in this thread. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/5/88295 I don't think she had an agenda. I'll tell ya one damn thing- I'm glad it works for me. I'm gonna go check out my newest creation of one of the worst 10 movies made. Interested to see how the re-authoring went. Have you ever reauthored in it or are you like me and use remake?

17. brian100

brian100 Guest

Bigornage, sophocles.

I really wish I could fully endorse Intervideo. I have tried & used every piece of DVD backup software & a good few burning packages. I have NEVER had a problem learning, operating or tweaking any of them. I have never had to refer to a guide, I'm not bragging but to me they are simple to install & run. I guess I have been extremely lucky over the last year or so.

I, and others are having problems with Intervideo. If we could find a solution to our problems we (and definitely me) would report back with solutions in order to HELP the countless "Newbies" & casual browsers that read our posts, and (sometimes) trust our advice. It is important that people "try" the software before buying but alas that is not always the case. For these individuals the membership on AD has a duty to inform them of any potential quirk or bug.

To the both of you, it must be mystifying that your set up performs so well with Intervideo. Frankly I envy you because I have tried everything.

I have never written any false claims about Intervideo. It is ALL based from pesonal experience as have all my posts on AD. I have never taken "anyones word for gospel" on here. I read, then try (if applicable) & then make my own mind up. The vast majority of members on this site probably do exactly as I do, well I bloomin well hope they do!

I am not being confrontational here, trust me please.

I am going to take a long break from AD. I have greatly enjoyed the threads that both of you have started, it's been fun reading.

Cheers lads...byeeeeeeeeee

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

brian100

It's not your lack of endorsement of DVDcopy 2 that keeps this debate alive. It's your constant attempts at trying to change our views despite the fact that many of us have chosen it over the other 1 click encoders. I'm not unhappy that you don't share our views but you seem to be unahppy that many of us don't share yours.

Give it up I've made 33 nearly perfect backups using DVDcopy 2 with out a single macro pixelation problem. DVDcopy 2 is my fast transcoder choice and REbuilder/CCE is my serious backup software.
    _

_
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

19. brobear

brobear Guest

Well, seems I'm a bit behind here. So, I'll have to catch up later. Glad to see demondog finally fessed up to not knowing everything. Seems his hatred of Platinum stems from a lack of familiarity. Wonder how far that goes with the rest of his input. I already noted the specifics, so I don't need to go back. My advice to anyone is to be familiar with a product before condemning or giving product evaluations. Belching back someone's test results receives no kudos when one doesn't have the personal experience to truly analyze what is being said.

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member