1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intervideo DVD Copy Platinum

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by swaish, Jun 13, 2004.

1. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I purchased DVDremake Pro the same night I purchased CCE basic. They have an unusual activation, I had to download a different program for each machine. I did set it up on both the CCE machines.

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I'll check it out.

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If you have DVDremake then you should be using it to enhance your backups by reducing your file size through trimming unwanted crap. Even though some encoders are incredibly good at handling almost anything you throw at them, one should never lose sight of the fact that the goal of getting the best picture has to include reducing file size when possible.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Demondog

If you are still out there. I have found some faults with the XCopy that I didn't mention earlier, but are worth mentioning for general knowledge. There is a weakness in the algorithm of XCopy. Some movies, especially Disney, will not record with XCopy (Advanced or Simple Xpress). Try Junglebook 2 and Lion King 1 1/2. With the failures, I've stopped using the software for the Disney Studio movies. I have others and it isn't worth the trouble to see if it will work or not. On one of these Xpress did pick up extras and then would not record at all. The discs recorded well with Recode2, so not bad discs. The program worked well with other movies afterward, so no damage to the XCopy. I like the software, but I am finding more limitations the more I use it. This is only to mention the fault and file pickup. No need to reply, try the movies mentioned if you have access to them.

5. wowdancer

wowdancer Member

Hi Swaish,

Following
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/77631

I had major problems with this software as so others who had amazingly ugly artifacts in some movies - an example to such is that I can't use the software to backup Toy Story & Toy Story 2.

I think I managed to pin-pointed the problem to a file called VOBTRANS.DLL which is located both on the program file and on the common files.

Is there anyway you can post that .DLL somewhere so I can see if your version is working (my version is the web-one).

Details on my file:
    vobtrans.dll
    file size: 155,648 bytes
    Date: 18-mar-2004

Please update us!!! and thank you in advance!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2004
  6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

wowdancer

What software are you talking about? You just can't get on a thinking pattern of free-associating and expect everyone who catches your post to know what the hell you're talking about. Explain yourself or get some sleep.

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

soph,bear, hey guys- I've been working on rose red in rebuider/remake/cce-254 minutes! saw this post and am taking time to holler, Oh MY GOD, I think wowdancer is talking about Intervideo dvd copy2, I can't take it. Someone take me out and shoot me! Enough already, wowdancer,if you are talking about dvdcopy2 read the threads, this horse has been beat to death. I need a bottle of aspirin and, well I don't think a drink will help this time. back to my project, see ya'll tomorrow. PS-Intervideo DVD Copy2 is NO.1! lol lol lol

8. brobear

brobear Guest

Good morning or good night, which ever is most appropriate BigO. They're beating a dead horse here.

9. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Good morning guys,

I have a good copy of braveheart from DVDcopy2.
    I actually never made a bad one.
    The problem was with the video capture in my Intervideo WinDVD6. Apparently some kind of an odd conflict in software. I will try to verify the problem with other capture software later.

On my TV on the same exact frame the clarity was virtually Identical to that of CCE.
    Shrink and Xcopy still had the same light fuzziness up close.

I hereby retract any and all previous negative statements about Intervideo DVDcopy2 quality.

This is important for those first trying out the program for quality and the few who have had problems with zooming in on frozen screens on the computer.

It is not a problem with the backup copy.
    I can hardly believe my eyes considering the speed of the encode.

Sorry about the trouble guys. It looks like I have a new backup utility for when I need a faster backup or the movie is to small to need CCE.
    And thats that. Thanks again for the help.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Donald[/small]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2004
  10. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Now should I edit all my previous posts or leave them so people can see my mistake process.

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Don't worry about them unless it bothers you.