1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

intervideo dvd creator 2

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dukenash, Jun 12, 2004.

1. dukenash

dukenash Member

captures for about 10 minutes then my computre reboots with no warning, any ideas
    i need help!!!!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Sound more Like a Computer Problem than a Software Problem to me...I get the feeling that maybe your CPU is over heating which can happen when doing real time Mpeg encodeing like when captureing to Mpeg....
    You should get a Temperature Monitoring program like "Motherboard Monitor" and see if your CPU is getting to hot...

The Capture Quality of WinDVD Creator isn"t very good compared to some other capture programs, Maybe you should try something like "WinDVR 3.0" which I use for Mpeg2 capture and it is in My opinion the Best Quality mpeg2 capture arround....

Good Luck

3. dukenash

dukenash Member

sounds like you could be right
    also will try the software you suggest
    many thanks
    majik

4. Godor

Godor Guest

Have you got the full version ? i had similar problem when i was using demo version. i switched to winproducer 3 much better and more features, give it a try.

5. dukenash

dukenash Member

i am using an activated version of win dvd creator 2 when i activated it the registry alarm of "The Cleaner" went off and did not allow the changes. When i allowed the changes it worked fine "Iam Red Faced"
    HOWEVER can some one explaine???? when i try to capture VHS the captured file breaks into more than one file and is not continuous nor stable {these are large files the video is 1/1/2 hrs long}I can get around this by stopping every 15 min or so. but iam courious
    PS what is win producer 3
    also capturing VHS video and TV is what i need to do it seems win dvr only does tv ...is that correct????
    majik

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

No, Windvr 3.0 can capture from VHS you just set the Video source to the Composite Input or the S-Video input or whatever input you have your VCR connected too....

7. Godor

Godor Guest

winproducer is an enhanced version of dvd creator it has lot of transition audio and video effects,
    http://intervideo.com/jsp/WinProducerDVD_Profile.jsp
    it captures from any source as avi or mpeg1 & 2.
    If you use winxp did you try windows movie maker just update to version 2 and will do perfect job capture and edit

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

Actually WinProducerDVD 3 came out Long before WinDVD Creator 2 did so it Can"t be an Enhanced version of WinDVD Creator 2...
    WinProducer DVD has much better Editing Features than WinDVD Creator and it has better effects and Transitions But it"s Mpeg Capture Quality is Just awefull some of the Worst i have ever seen especially it"s Mpeg1 Capture but it"s AVI capture is Fine,
    but it is Like that with Most programs that Claim to do everything they allways Lack in one or more areas that is why I find it is better to use a Variety of programs that specilize in certain areas to get the best results But most poeple can not afford to buy a Bunch of Little Programs so you have to make due with what you have......

9. dukenash

dukenash Member

lets cut to the chase......i want to capture analog vhs then burn to dvd with as little quality loss as possible what do i do and what should i use?????????