1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intervideo WinDVD Creator HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by kjr928, Jan 17, 2005.

1. kjr928

kjr928 Member

I'm in the final stages of creating my first DVD using this software. When I went to make the movie, it said that the file size was 4800MB, which won't fit on the DVD. So I took half of it out and made another file (figuring I would just have 2 DVDs) to make the file size smaller, but it keeps telling me that it's still 4800MBs and that it won't fit!!! Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Did I skip a step somewhere??? Help please!

2. bobowner

bobowner Member

Ok so I don't really know what I'm doing as I've only used used WinDVD creator for 2 weeks (now it's stopped working altogether by the way) but I had the exact same problem, and did the same as you and cut some video from the project but same message. Then I think (can't recall exactly as I cant get in anymore!)I noticed I had the quality (?)setting on 60 mins instead of 120. I changed it to 120min and I think it worked then after saving as a new project name and retrying. Maybe a different issue to yours though.

3. pegusus

pegusus Guest

I am not that familiar with this program because I am new to it as well BUT I found out that if you click the view on the bottom to timeline, then if you move that around it somehow shrinks the movie based upon how you move this. I am not sure exactly what it suppose to do, alls I know is it worked and I was able to burn a few things this way.
    Any idea how to use the *create menu* ??

4. kjr928

kjr928 Member

I figured it out. The total size of all the video clips was app. 11 Gb which doesn't fit on 1 DVD (in fact, it needs 3 DVDs). The software only displays 4,800 Mb as a maximum and isn't specific about the amount above that number. Thanks for trying though.

5. bobowner

bobowner Member

Well done
    That's good to know. Good luck!
    Cheers